What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
finally got round to watching the recent League of Gentlemen threesome... enjoyable in places but baffling in others. Maybe i'd forgotten half the characters, or maybe there were some new ones in there... either way, not the best i've seen.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just finished the last of the new League of Gentlemen trilogy and loved it. Possibly not up to the standard of the first two series but probably one of the best things on the box over Christmas.

Watched episode one of The Miniaturist last night and after a slow start it's got me intrigued, so looking forward to the conclusion tonight.

Generally though mainstream Christmas TV has been dire, so have spent more time watching films and catching up on stuff I've recorded previously.

I’ve just finished watching the first series of ‘The OA’ on Netflix.

All a bit strange, although oddly compelling.

I found the final episode a bit dissatisfying, although it’s probably done it’s job and ensured that I’ll watch the second series when released.

The thing I found most distracting is that the actress who plays the lead role really reminds me of the swimmer Rebecca Adlington.

7/10

Graham

potsy

Rambler
I'm now back into the Walking Dead after a few years of not having access to it.

Currently watching where I left off, series 4

I have missed it.

Sandra6

Veteran
[QUOTE 5096683, member: 9609"]Little Women - excellent, really enjoying it, may be the best thing thats been on all xmas. - pity so much of it is mumbled, have to watch some of the scenes 2 or 3 times to work out whats being said.[/QUOTE]
I thought it was awful. I was so disappointed as I loved the book and the series and was looking forward to sharing it with the family, but it was rubbish.
The opening scene came across as though it was supposed to be erotic in some way, the depths of the characters just didn't come across and mostly it was quite nauseating.
thumbs down.

rualexander

Legendary Member
New series of Spiral starts tonight on BBC4 at 9pm.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
The Punisher on Netflix.

Ex-Special Forces whose wife and kids were murdered teams up with a CIA renegade to clean up the city whilst pursued by an attractive cop who may have the hots for him but puts her job first.

Excellent.
Not quite sure but did you both know it forms part of a complete Marvel series, the Series Run as you should watch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_television_series#Netflix_series

I quite enjoyed them all Daredevil probably the best then The Punisher, and Luke Cage. I didn't think they would be my cup of tea but pretty watchable.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I eventually watched the Christmas Doctor Who episode which I thoroughly enjoyed. David Bradley’s William Hartnell 1st Doctor was absolutely brilliant. He really captured the role. A regeneration scene is always memorable. Capaldi isn’t my favourite Doctor, but he wasn’t bad. Perhaps it was the eyebrows :blink:. What was good about Capaldi’s Doctor is that he got to keep his Scottish accent while Tennant’s didn’t. It’s good to change things up and keep the show fresh. I look forward to seeing what the ‘new’ Doctor, Jodie Whittaker, can do. I haven’t really seen her in anything other than tiny parts (I haven’t got around to watching Broadchurch yet). Great cliffhanger too. ^_^

Top Bottom