What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
In preparation for the new series starting next month, I’ve been watching Death In Paradise from the beginning again. Absolutely love it. Can’t decide who I like better, Ben Miller or Kris Marshall’s character. Both have excellent points. Looking for to learning more about Ardal O’Hanlon’s detective.

Plus, if I ever win the lottery, I’ll be posting to this forum from the Caribbean. To paraphrase DI Richard Poole (because I can’t remember what he said verbatim), “It has no other seasons. It’s summer with 10 hours of sunshine everyday all year round.”

I really hate the winter. :becool:

I enjoy that too. I prefer the detective stories that are not using computers to aid their investigations. Father Brown does not have a computer either.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I enjoy that too. I prefer the detective stories that are not using computers to aid their investigations. Father Brown does not have a computer either.

Yes, some of these shows rely too much on technology and the characters never seem to have to think and work it out for themselves. This explains why I like Poirot, Marple, etc. A whiteboard and little grey cells. That’s all a good detective needs.

potsy

Rambler

Yes, some of these shows rely too much on technology and the characters never seem to have to think and work it out for themselves. This explains why I like Poirot, Marple, etc. A whiteboard and little grey cells. That’s all a good detective needs.

Probably explains why I still prefer Columbo to all these modern super slick crime shows ^_^

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Probably explains why I still prefer Columbo to all these modern super slick crime shows ^_^

I was never a fan of the Columbo. The character was great, Peter Falk did a great job. I never liked the format where you were shown who the murderer was at the beginning of the episode. Part of the fun for me is working out whodunnit.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was never a fan of the Columbo. The character was great, Peter Falk did a great job. I never liked the format where you were shown who the murderer was at the beginning of the episode. Part of the fun for me is working out whodunnit.

I did not watch it for that reason.

One of my other favourites is "Law and Order, Criminal Intent" with Vincent D'Onofrio. It concentrates on the motive for the crime.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Grand Tour Series 2. Seen the first two. The boys are looking older especially James May with his haircut. Good show though.

I enjoyed the first series except for a couple of things, both of which have been replaced in the new series. I’ve seen the first two episodes and I’m looking forward to seeing the rest.

Hammond’s accident was hair raising. I liked the Ford GT and didn’t like the green Mercedes AMG. The fully electric Croatian super car was intriguing although current lack of charging facilities makes it a redundant piece of kit.

Adam4868

Guru
Love Columbo !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The Father Brown Christmas Special (BBC1) criminally tucked away on daytime TV when it's better than half the dross on prime time - grab it off iplayer if you missed it. New series starts January! :okay:

Bancroft (ITV). A touch far fetched, but entertaining enough. Blatantly set up for Series 2.

First Dates (C4). Glad I'm not the only one on here who watches - a proper guilty pleasure and one that can warm the cockles of your heart.

The Grand Tour (Prime). Worth the subscription on it's own.

I should have a bit of time over Christmas, so I want to pick up American Gods and Vikings (both Prime), which I started to watch but let slip due to not having enough spare time.

gaz71

Über Member
I watched ep1 of The Sinner last night.(just about to watch ep2) It looks like being an excellent series,only 8 episodes so shouldnt take too long.

Top Bottom