What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Anyone watched the Netflix Madeleine Mccann documentary, anything new or old ground raked over?

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5572637, member: 9609"]wouldn't go so far as to say brilliant- but its OK, it has its moments, i'l be watching the whole series.

Traitors been very good - wasn't quite expecting what happened last night.

struggling with baptiste with the names of the characters[/QUOTE]

Why do you struggle with names?

Smith or miloss , surely you go by their face..I can't remember characters but I know who they are..

Subtitle stuff is excellent for following a story,think I prefer a lot of these to waffling we often get on UK tv

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5572666, member: 9609"]they keep talking about other characters and I don't have a face for the names. some stories are like that for me[/QUOTE]
I too have that same problem, although not with this particular series, but yes they will start to talk about somebody & you're wracking your brains to work out who they are on about. Also if a character who was in an earlier episode suddenly reappears you then have to make the connection again as to their relevance.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 5572666, member: 9609"]they keep talking about other characters and I don't have a face for the names. some stories are like that for me - i should keep a note book whilst watching, does anyone do that?
the last series of shetland was like that too, I give up and just watch the scenery, or listen to bird sounds - I sleep a fair bit too that doesnt help.[/QUOTE]

I too have that same problem, although not with this particular series, but yes they will start to talk about somebody & you're wracking your brains to work out who they are on about. Also if a character who was in an earlier episode suddenly reappears you then have to make the connection again as to their relevance.

My attention span wouldn't allow that to bother me :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

[QUOTE 5572697, member: 9609"]Vera's poor, but I do like it as it's set in Northumberland/tyneside - so I like working out where they are[/QUOTE]
Yes it does seem to have lost it's sparkle, but as you say it makes up for it in dialect & scenery, I do wonder if they have subtitles for the suverners

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Shetland - watchable enough, but it was so slowly paced that they could have easily had it done and dusted in 2 episodes rather than dragging it out over 6.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Weird City... another YouTube Original. The first two episodes can be watched for free. It's an anthology series with echoes of Black Mirror set in a weird city where the underclass live below the line and the privileged live about it. Episode one is excellent. Two and three are OK, four is also excellent.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
The Rookie - Sky / Now TV - a 40- year old decides to start a new life in LA after his divorce and joins the police. Pilot episode, enjoyed it and it has potential so will keep with it.

Brookside (All 4) - there are three "classic" episodes available on demand, so watched the first ever episode for nostalgia reasons as I haven't seen it since 1982. Today's soaps would kill for writing and characters like that. Shame there aren't more episodes available.

Strike Back: Silent War (Sky / Now TV) - the all action black ops series continues. You get exactly what it says on the tin and that's no bad thing.

Goliath (Amazon Prime) - watched the first episode an age ago and enjoyed it, but Mrs ND wasn't keen. Caught up on another 4 episodes now and it's got me hooked. Billy Bob Thornton is excellent as the burned out lawyer.

Top Bottom