What TV are you watching?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by AndyRM, 18 Feb 2016.

1. Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday channel
    This episode featured the Bucyrus-Erie, between Allerton Bywater & Swillington (just north-west of Castleford), known as Odd Ball
    http://www.walkingdragline.org/history/

It's a big beastie, I've been there a few times myself. & after the draining of the open-cast, toured the site, on an open day
    Slightly worrying being so deep in the ground, having known what had happened there

2. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Brooklyn 99 (s6, All4)

I'm not a huge fan of the Doug Judy episiodes, but have to say that this one wasn't bad.

The Tick (s2, Prime)

I liked the first season quite a lot, and The Tick and Arthur are back for another season. The second series expands some of the minor characters a little more, with Dot and Overkill getting some decent story lines, and the series as a whole feeling more assured in terms of tone.

Last edited: 26 Apr 2019
    Cletus Van Damme likes this.
  3. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Broadchurch made the mistake of Broadchurch 2 and Broadchurch 3 though... hopefully The Bay ends here.

One thing that made me laugh about The Bay was the teams of divers searching the sea... all they had to do was wait for the tide to go out and everything on the sea bed is there for all to see. :laugh:

NorthernDave and cisamcgu like this.
  4. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Watched the last three episodes of Back to Life on the iPlayer yesterday (6 episodes) I really enjoyed it in a sort of black humour way.Anybody who enjoyed say Fleabag I'm sure would enjoy this.

John the Monkey and SpokeyDokey like this.
  5. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Just gotten up to date with The Widow (two ep's to go) and it's not bad at all (apart from the commercial breaks) - a tad unbelievable in parts but a decent watch nonetheless. 7/10 thus far.

Have started watching Trust Me S2 - which although it bears no relationship to Trust Me S1 seems like just as decent a watch. 8/10 thus far.

meta lon likes this.
  6. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Preacher S2 (Prime): possibly even better than S1. It's right up there as one of the best shows I've seen, full stop.

7. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Doing the same, just finished e2

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  8. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Completely mad isn't it..

NorthernDave likes this.
  9. Leaway2

Leaway2 Guru

Yesterday was such a rainy day I sat and binge watched series 2 (edit: it was 3) of line of duty. Absolutely brilliant.
    it had to resort to the ridiculous cliched chase scene at the end. A policewoman on foot keeping pace with a Range rover, which take some convoluted route which keeps bring her back in range. She then sprints 1/2 mile, after previously running, to arrive to see the suspect only then climb out of the vehicle. This scene was totally unnecessary and the series should have ended in the interview room.

Last edited: 29 Apr 2019
    meta lon likes this.
  10. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Oh yes, bonkers but in the best possible way.

11. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Anyone had a stab at The looming Tower yet - just wondering if anyone has and what they think of it.

12. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Bosch Season 5...just watched the opening 5 mins.. Oh yeah.. Great series

NorthernDave likes this.
  13. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

Undiscovered worlds on BBC2.

14. John the Monkey

Watched it on Prime - very good, I thought.

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  15. John the Monkey

Thanks for the tip- watched it myself today - very good.

Adam4868 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice