What TV are you watching?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by AndyRM, 18 Feb 2016.

1. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Decided to try 600 bottles of wine the other night...14 year old daughter "can I watch it with you dad ?" Go on then,cue awkward coughing and this isn't for.you from me.Now were pretty easy going.with the kids but that's a no.Very funny !

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  2. Ahh, thankyou!!!

NorthernDave likes this.
  3. yello

yello Legendary Member

Fleabag doesn't click with me at all. I've tried to watch it on a couple of occasions (purely because of the accolades it gets) but, no, it just doesn't work for me.

I watched Unforgotten recently (series 3) and really enjoyed that. Grim as but I think Nicola Walker is excellent. I'll be looking for the 1st 2 series.

Glad to see Gotham is wrapping up, I like it (in a lightweight, fun kind of way - Penguin is a hoot and the actor obviously enjoys playing the role) There's not much mileage in such things as a rule and I'm not even sure whether I watched all of series 3.

meta lon and NorthernDave like this.
  4. PaulB

PaulB Guru

Back to Life gripped me from the start so much I blitzed through them all so as to leave no loose ends. Very good indeed.

lane, SpokeyDokey and Adam4868 like this.
  5. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Not much mileage???? Bruce hasn't become Batman yet and there's loads of questionable films they could supersede of they kept the series going... there's loads of mileage left in Gotham! Gutted that not only is this the final series, but there's only 12 episodes too... and I've watched nine of them :sad:

NorthernDave likes this.
  6. Salar

Salar Über Member

Question Time last night.

Fiona Bruce should stick to antiques, because she can't control a panel or stop acting like a primary school teacher.

Where's Paxman when you need him.

nagden and SpokeyDokey like this.
  7. yello

yello Legendary Member

I didn't mean the storyline, I meant in the semi pantomime portrayals. It's fun, sure, but that type of portrayal does lose its humour after a bit. For me anyway.

I don't think you'd ever see young Bruce become Batman though. I don't think that was ever in the program's remit. I'm sure the series creator (Bruno Hellar?? Off the top of my head) has said as much. It was more setting the scene for what was to come, the story people already knew.

I liked Gotham. It flirted with darkness but didn't embrace or wallow in it. I think it was largely light, 2 dimensional stuff and worked like that. I enjoyed the superficial characters (they are comic book after all); from Penguin's comedy villain to Jim's overly serious furrowed brow, and all points in between. Maybe I'm doing it a disservice. Maybe it did have other aims but I liked it the way I saw it and didn't read more into it.

Tbh, I thought my dismissal of Fleabag would be more contentious! :laugh:

Last edited: 10 May 2019
  8. Threevok

Threevok Four Sprung Pork Technik

Chernobyl

Sky Atlantic

Only one episode so far but enjoyed it

PaulB likes this.
  9. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Killing Eve S2 will be on soon.. Loved S1.

Finished the Widow, 6/10

Finished all of Line of Duty.
    Not bad but very predictable to be honest.
    I did find it a good binge TV show

SpokeyDokey likes this.
  10. yello

yello Legendary Member

I have a problem with Sandra Oh due to Gray's Anatomy. Obviously, I know she'll be a different character (at least I'd darned well hope so!) but it's still a hurdle for me in honesty. :sad:

meta lon likes this.
  11. SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey 20% through Decade 7. Yikes! Moderator

Very much looking forward to killing Eve S2. Jodie Comer was brilliant in S1.

And the next series of The Crown should be good too.

And Avatar 2 (Bit OT as that's big screen stuff).

I thought The Widow was ok. Not great casting Kate Beckinsale as the lead imo - needed someone a bit grittier if that's the right word. Didn't leave me wanting more.

Lovely Wife thinks L o D is great but I have tried and it just doesn't work for me.

12. The Central Scrutinizer

The Central Scrutinizer Veteran

Just got netflix and i heard that bird box was the film to watch.
    What a letdown.One of those films that when the credits start rolling you think to yourself,"is that it"?.

13. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Just watched that...wouldn’t say I ‘enjoyed’ it :ohmy:

14. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Watched the first episode of the Virtues last night.Its the new Sean Meadows drama so it's bleak but addictive viewing.Staring Stephen Graham who for me is one of the best actors around.

15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Chernobyl via Kodi - Episode 2 so far.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice