What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Men of Rock. Not the sequel to Spinal Tap but an outstandingly good geology series presented by Prof Ian Stuart. Really good science, substance far more than style, yet stylishly and entertainingly presented. I'm a moderately well read non-geologist and I still found it informative and non patronising

9 or maybe even 10 out of 10

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Stopped watching Skins S3 last night.

Late to the party but S1 & S2 we thought were good but then with the cast change in S3 the quality hurtled towards a huge cliff and dived straight off the edge - ****ing puerile was Lovely Wife's take on it.

postman

Legendary Member
Seeing how i was out last night.I have been to sit with George tonight.We have watched Mr M Caine in Get Carter,not a lot of people know that.What a brill film,not quite finished it so will see the end on Tuesday.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The Rookie starring Nathan Fillion.

I've liked watching Fillion since his days in Firefly (top show, sadly cancelled) and later in Castle as the eponymous inept but charming hero. The Rookie is just as good and great light entertainment about a 40-year-old man who decides to turn his life around by joining the LAPD as the oldest rookie on the force.

Salar

A fish out of water
We have watched Mr M Caine in Get Carter,not a lot of people know that.What a brill film,not quite finished it so will see the end on Tuesday.

As you say an excellent film.
Watched it numerous times, mostly nostalgic as I was born and bred in the area it was filmed and used to mess around in those locations in my younger days.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Seeing how i was out last night.I have been to sit with George tonight.We have watched Mr M Caine in Get Carter,not a lot of people know that.What a brill film,not quite finished it so will see the end on Tuesday.

Without a doubt, Michael Caine's finest film. Always worth a watch, even if just to see Alf Roberts get thrown off that car park.

Top Bottom