What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Finished off the remainder of (Mondays) Gas Monkey yesterday evening (worked till 20:30)
I wouldn't have recorded/watched it, but it was the Bullitt episode

Chad McQueen (Steves son) had challenged them to build a replica car, to recreate sections of the chase, & San Francisco had actually closed some of the iconic streets down for them to do so!!!:okay:
For that I could just about put up with Richard Rawlings bigging himself up

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
The Boys on amazon, crikey Lex Luther was right. What if Superman had no morals? (what would you do if you had supermans' powers but only looked out for yourself )

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Boys on amazon, crikey Lex Luther was right. What if Superman had no morals? (what would you do if you had supermans' powers but only looked out for yourself )

Just started it myself. Good innit !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Fargo series 2... I'm about halfway through but it's not grabbing me as much as the first series... still watchable though.
Jeopardy, also series 2... this X-files inspired scot/aussie co-production about a bunch of Falkirk kids lost in the outback just gets odderer and odderer.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Not telly, but I found some fascinating behind the scenes documentaries on the Bond movies on Youtube. Most likely from DVD extras. Interesting things include:

For Your Eyes Only :

The ski chase down the bobsleigh run had the stunt skier actually being towed by the bobsled on a cable!. This was due to the fact that the bob was heavier and went faster.

When 007 falls off the cliff when climbing up to the monastery, it was performed by the same guy who did the most famous Bond stunt, skiing off the cliff in The Spy Who Loved Me.

Some underwater close ups of the lead actress were faked in the ‘dry’ by high-speed photography, a wind machine for her hair & faked bubbles.

The Living Daylights :

The bridge blown up in the climactic battle actually in reality was a small road bridge over a shallow stream bed about 4ft deep. Foreground miniatures lined up made it look 300ft deep.

Driving into the rear of the Hercules was not possible, so they faked it with a large removals van!

However, the funniest thing was the tuk-tuk chase in Octopussy, which is cycling related. The moment when a guy on a bicycle rides in between the tuk-tuks was not a stuntman, just a guy on a bike & it was not scripted. He didn’t flinch from his near-miss, apparently thought roads in India were like that all the time:laugh:!.

Stephenite

Membå
Just finished season 1. Absolutely awesome. First time i've ever watched a series with subtitles without getting frustrated with it being in a different language. The overdub version is crud though.
Agreed. Me and the missus were discussing what to watch together the other night. I had reservations about watching Dark (with it being in German) because my brain was tired. As it turned out it was easy to follow. And, by golly (gott i himmel), was it gripping.

lane

Veteran
Still watching Summer of Rockets which is very good. Timothy Spall really is a bloody outstanding actor. He plays a great part in this the polar opposite of other parts he has played.

Top Bottom