What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The Mandalorian Episode 5 is out today ! :bravo:

Salar

A fish out of water
Watched "Takaya : Lone Wolf " on I Player last night. Previously shown on BBC4 on Tuesday.

Story of a handsome wild lone wolf which turns up on an island in British Columbia.

If you like wildlife, you'll enjoy this.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I enjoyed it, Pertwee makes a great 'kick-ass' Alfred Pennyworth
Alfred is my favourite character so far. A little too English stereotype, but I like that he's fiercely protective of Bruce and not afraid to show it. Young Bruce and Selina Kyle are good too. The actor as Bullock is playing the same character he's always played, no matter the show. I can't make my mind up about Jim Gordon. Not sure why, can't put my finger on it.

Alfred is my favourite character so far. A little too English stereotype, but I like that he's fiercely protective of Bruce and not afraid to show it. Young Bruce and Selina Kyle are good too. The actor as Bullock is playing the same character he's always played, no matter the show. I can't make my mind up about Jim Gordon. Not sure why, can't put my finger on it.

Jim Gordon develops

As for Alfred, if you want 'English', try the 1990s Warner Brothers animation:okay:
(I'm hoping one of the Virgin kids channels starts running it again)

Eg;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HgVloXljM

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Jim Gordon develops

As for Alfred, if you want 'English', try the 1990s Warner Brothers animation:okay:
(I'm hoping one of the Virgin kids channels starts running it again)

Eg;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HgVloXljM

The best ever animated Batman series ever. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, a match made in... well, Gotham, as Batman and Joker. It was based on Conroy’s depiction of Batman in this cartoon that the character forever after had two voices (Bruce Wayne and Batman). Classic.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Snooker, sound muted
Record player on, sound up

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
Guy Martin's Great Escape was truly excellent last night.
I expect Triumph were pretty happy with that advertising as well, seeing as the bike did what they set out to do. I'm not a fan of Triumph as a company, but i must admit their Scram 1200 is the only bike of theirs that has interested me in many years. They got the looks of it bang on as well.
Big respect for Guy making that heavy bike do a jump like that.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Just finished watching Carnival Row and thoroughly enjoyed it. The various strands of the plot converged quite nicely in the last couple of episodes.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just finished watching Carnival Row and thoroughly enjoyed it. The various strands of the plot converged quite nicely in the last couple of episodes.

Liked Carnival Row - not sure we've finished it yet.....too much other stuff..

V Wars on Netflix is looking promising - just watched first episode, and I'm not a Vampire trend watcher, but it's good so far. First Vampire series after Buffy I've bothered with.

PS Only got into Zombies having had my extended stay in hospital 4 years ago...

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Finished The Deuce last night, an HBO drama about the sex workers around Times Square New York in the 70s and 80s. Although there was obviously a lot of fairly graphic sex, overall I thought it was a thoughtful and thought-provoking 3 seasons. James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal were excellent. Nice ending but a couple of scenes over the piece that will haunt me.

Loved the background music throughout, which was all historically accurate for the periods being shown.

Smudge

Veteran
Elizabeth Is Missing.... Watched this last night after recording it a few days ago.
Outstanding performance from Glenda Jackson playing a woman suffering from Alzheimer's.

Top Bottom