What TV are you watching?

OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
It's utter drivel imo.

Same as a good number of the other winners output eg Ant & Dec win again for 19th year in a row - crass, mindless but seemingly much loved duo and Gavin & Stacey for an utterly feeble and pointless one-off.

Mind numbing stuff.
I don't understand the appeal of Ant & Dec either, especially when their main vehicle wasn't even on TV this year. I'm not particularly fussed about presenters to be honest, though I do like Toksvig and Fielding on Bake Off. Evan Davis too, who I sort of feel like the BBC discovered in the back of a cupboard, took a punt on him for Dragon's Den and now can't get rid of.

I liked the first series of Gavin and Stacey but struggle to understand its enduring popularity, in a world where there are far better options available.

Chris S

Guru
I've been listening to the radio instead of watching TV. Steve Wright in the afternoon is still on, he's a bigger prick now than he was in the 1980s.
Every time he says a word ending in 'ing' he says 'serious' before it and 'no g' after it. After about a dozen times it became extremely tedious. He's also renamed himself DJ Dilly Boy. DJ Silly Bugger would be more appropriate.
He's at it again. Serious wankin (no g)

Adam4868

Guru
I'll be watching that quality show.

Just finished the first series of Better Call Saul. Gonna be binge watching the rest every spare bit of time i have.
Absolutely loving it.
Inside no 9 is pure genius.Ive liked the writers Pemberton and Shearsmith since the League of Gentlemen.Sort of reminds me of being a kid and watching Tales of the Unexpected (shitting myself !) I cant believe this is the 5th series.

Smudge

Über Member
Inside no 9 is pure genius.Ive liked the writers Pemberton and Shearsmith since the League of Gentlemen.Sort of reminds me of being a kid and watching Tales of the Unexpected (shitting myself !) I cant believe this is the 5th series.
Yep, everything they've done has been quality.

Finally completed the last series of Game of Thrones. We were aware of generally poor reviews, so ramped down our expectations, but we both thought is was really good. The clever writing was still there, the twists and unexpected resolutions of a couple of threads was great, and the final ending being nuanced rather than a too convenient triumph was really very clever and appropriate given the whole story before.

A fitting end to one of the very best ever TV series

Levo-Lon

Guru
Just about got through S1 lost in space.
Might carry on with S2....maybe

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still watching El Chapo S3 - just realised you can change the audio - duh. So that's nearly 3 series of El Chapo, the whole lot of Narcos, and Season 1 of Narcos Mexico, all in Spanish with subtitles :laugh: - it works though :okay:. That's a lot of concentrating. It's much easier in English, especially when Zwifting. :bicycle:

Top Bottom