What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Mortimer and Whitehouse Gone Fishing. Really good 2 really nice guys chilling out.

Car SOS, same as above really not as funny though, but usually for a good cause. The only motoring show I like, because it's good to cheer people up that have had a bad time, it's about classic cars, but also modern 80 & 90's classics. Modern cars are so dull in comparison.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Out, on Talking Pictures TV. It's one of the few 40-year-old crime dramas that has a realistic plot and is still watchable.
I don't think it would have been called 'Out' these days though, people would think it as an LGBT program.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Out, on Talking Pictures TV. It's one of the few 40-year-old crime dramas that has a realistic plot and is still watchable.
I don't think it would have been called 'Out' these days though, people would think it as an LGBT program.
I think i watched that a few years back... can't remember what happens, but recall it being pretty good.

Watching something called The Fall, with Gillian Anderson sporting an English accent. Bit slow but I'll reserve judgement until the final episode.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I think i watched that a few years back... can't remember what happens, but recall it being pretty good.
A robber spends 8 years in prison and comes out to a changed world. He then visits all his old associates to try and find out who has 'grassed' him up. I saw it 40 years ago but I can't remember the ending so I'm watching it again.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I downloaded a few episodes of the 70's classic kids' TV show Cheggers Plays Pop!

Perplexing pop questions, fun pop activities and probably not live not-so-top pop acts... and when i say the questions are perplexing...

Cheggers : in which year was such&such single released... 1974, 1975 or 1977?
Contestant: errrmmm..... 1977?
Cheggers: no, sorry, it was 1976
Everyone but Cheggers: :wacko:

Adam4868

Guru
The Undoing - Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant in a whodunnit on Now TV.

Watchable although pretty predictable in the way it unfurls.
Watched that myself this week,I felt like it was 6 hours of my life wasted 😁
Was fascinated by Nicole Kidmans face and the alien look of it and as much as I like Hugh Grant thought he was shite...as for the story don't get me started.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I downloaded a few episodes of the 70's classic kids' TV show Cheggers Plays Pop!

Perplexing pop questions, fun pop activities and probably not live not-so-top pop acts... and when i say the questions are perplexing...

Cheggers : in which year was such&such single released... 1974, 1975 or 1977?
Contestant: errrmmm..... 1977?
Cheggers: no, sorry, it was 1976
Everyone but Cheggers: :wacko:

Quite a way back (late nineties), I popped into the local Chinese takeaway. Cheggers sitting there, waiting for his fried rice. He had fallen on hard times, hit the bottle again and had stayed in our town to dry out / lay low. We had a good laugh about Saturday Superstore. Got back on his feet but then did Naked Jungle was it? That must’ve been a convo over single malt 😶. Smoked himself to death, silly sausage

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Bloodline - Family drama set in the Keys in Florida. A prodigal son returns home and upends lives of his family. Good acting with Mendhelsohn particularly great (his best role since Animal Kingdom which I recommend if you haven't already seen it). Fantastic setting - the heat and mosquitoes are palpable. It is let down by pacing especially in the second season.
1st season gets 4/5, second a weak 3/5 and the last one weak 4/5 so altogether 4/5:laugh:

Top Bottom