What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
@Richard A Thackeray

I have begun:
Broken Bow - great pilot double episode
Fight or Flight - slightly ropey second episode with the quite frankly unbelievable language skills of Hoshi who somehow manages to have a full conversation in an alien language within an extremely short time - unbelievable, or I'm more than a little jealous...

The next episode is good for further character development. I can't wait to get to episode 7 of the first series where we first meet Shran :hyper:

Pursuit of Love - Lily James, Dom West, Andrew Scott, Adapted by Emily Mortimer (who plays a cameo)
https://www.ft.com/content/8fb30290-e0ec-4872-93bd-925eecddacdb
We've only just watched Ep1, but it's brilliant! Big hat-tips to Wes Anderson and (Catherine) The Great in style, lots of over-acting in the right places, subtlety in others, and a brilliant eclectic soundtrack.

(Fans of the book are slagging it off all over social meeja - this is usually a good sign!)

D

Deleted member 26715

Trawling our way through Homeland, there's a lot of episodes.
I abandoned after it became the Claire Daines fantasy show, shame as the first couple of seasons were really good

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Pursuit of Love - Lily James, Dom West, Andrew Scott, Adapted by Emily Mortimer (who plays a cameo)
We've only just watched Ep1, but it's brilliant! Big hat-tips to Wes Anderson and (Catherine) The Great in style, lots of over-acting in the right places, subtlety in others, and a brilliant eclectic soundtrack.

(Fans of the book are slagging it off all over social meeja - this is usually a good sign!)
The foreigner-hating dad is my favourite character off the telly since I can't think when. I remember once hearing John Cleese say that before leaving his dressing room for a day on Fawlty Towers he would consciously brace the muscles across his back, then hold that tension throughout his time as Basil. The father in this is like that: a barely-suppressed ball of incandescent fury, liable to burst into open apoplectic rage at any moment.

I've just remembered he has the trenching tool with which he killed eight Germans mounted on his wall. Brilliant!

Ignore the trolls and pedants - they're just being beastly. Ok, it's no Brideshead, but it's a lot of good natured fluffy fun, and just what I feel like on a Sunday evening.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
1990 (1977)... dystopic drama from the 70s starring Edward Woodward and John Savident. A bit daft but I like a good dystopia and this ticks all the boxes; corrupt government, brutal law enforcement, strict emigration laws, dodgy acting... :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Each to their own of course.

We abandoned it after E1.

Not read the book either but the plot of what we watched was dreadfully thin.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have watched the first two episodes of The Pact. BBC1, Monday and Tuesday.
It's a bit ITV ish. A bit of a silly plot line and the script/screenplay is a bit thin.
If there was something else on worth watching I would.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I have watched the first two episodes of The Pact. BBC1, Monday and Tuesday.
It's a bit ITV ish. A bit of a silly plot line and the script/screenplay is a bit thin.
If there was something else on worth watching I would.

"Innocent", on ITV at the same time, is brewing nicely with several people in the frame as the potential murderers. Writing is miles better than "The Pact".

Top Bottom