What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Deadwood

Finished this older show that had a film released recently to finish off the story. Enjoyed watching a modern western that is interspersed with various historical characters from the late 19th century. The language is colourful to say the least but the dialogue has a wonderful style that takes a few episodes to get used to but once you do it's great to listen to.

Adam4868

Guru
Deadwood

Finished this older show that had a film released recently to finish off the story. Enjoyed watching a modern western that is interspersed with various historical characters from the late 19th century. The language is colourful to say the least but the dialogue has a wonderful style that takes a few episodes to get used to but once you do it's great to listen to.
Al Swearengen is a legend !
There's a film also if I remember rightly.Never lived up to the tv series though.

Al Swearengen is a legend !
There's a film also if I remember rightly.Never lived up to the tv series though.

Yeah I watched them back to back, it's an obvious bit of closure (I was reading the original series was cancelled rather abruptly) but worth checking out.

Its a fascinating show as it's nothing like a traditional 'golden era' westerns and potentially more realistic as to what life actually was like. It's very well acted with Ian McShane being the highlight, his character 'Al Swearengen' deserves to be mentioned alongside Walter White and Tony Soprano when we talk about bad people we like irregardless of their actions.

Adam4868

Guru
Tried watching Deadwood backintheday: just couldn't get past the swearing. It quickly moved from slightly shocking to tiresome. I know it's authentic yadda yadda ... but we don't make films about ancient Greece in greek, do we? (Well, Hollywood doesn't - the greeks might!)
Some people have no taste ? Alternatively my partners Irish so it goes with the territory 😁

gbb

Legendary Member
Better Call Saul , new episodes on Netflix.
The timelines and crossovers with Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad and El Camino are difficult to follow in fact unless you have a really good memory or concentrate really hard, its near impossible to fit it together as you watch.
Jimmy has already fled to a mundane ,anonymous life in Canada in previous shows but now the clocks are turned back, Jimmy, Kim Wexler, Lalo and Hector Salamanca, Nacho, Gus Fring and Mike are the main focus.
Bit of a slow start in series 6 ep1, building nicely, still has that beautiful cinematic scenic quality emphasising the countryside, as well acted as ever.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Better Call Saul , new episodes on Netflix.
The timelines and crossovers with Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad and El Camino are difficult to follow in fact unless you have a really good memory or concentrate really hard, its near impossible to fit it together as you watch.
Jimmy has already fled to a mundane ,anonymous life in Canada in previous shows but now the clocks are turned back, Jimmy, Kim Wexler, Lalo and Hector Salamanca, Nacho, Gus Fring and Mike are the main focus.
Bit of a slow start in series 6 ep1, building nicely, still has that beautiful cinematic scenic quality emphasising the countryside, as well acted as ever.

Can I recommend the 20 minute you tube catch up (google it). Of course forgot about El Camino, but that's the stuff past Breaking Bad where he is 'disguised'.

We did the catchup (the narrator is very 'boring') then did final of last season. Jimmy going to Canada is in 'the future'.

It's brilliant !!:smooch:

Reactions: gbb

ChrisKz

Just been and still binge watching Grand Tour .. before then was all 6 films of the hobbit in 4k and extended versions

Star-Trek : The Next Generation
'Redemption' (series 4)
Civil war in the Empire, & the poisoning of K'mpec (Chancellor)

Gowron reinstates the House of Mogh, & Worfs family honour
Worf leaving the Enterprise to go be a weapons officer on a Klingon ship
The Duras sisters being implicit in wrong-doings (again!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemption_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Adam4868

Guru
Ended up watching The Mare of Easttown starring Kate Winslet.Eight part drama/thriller.Quite enjoyed it,I don't usually bother with 8 parters,but kept me entertained.Wortj a watch I'd say.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Mare of Easttown was very good.

Just begun watching a forgotten gem from the 80s... The Fourth Arm. From the makers of the excellent Colditz, the Fourth Arm follows the recruitment and training of British secret agents in WWII. First episode was garbage but the second really stepped up a level.

Top Bottom