What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I’m just catching up with Obi Wan Kenobi.
I’ve watched 2 episodes and it’s a bit rubbish.
Convince me to keep going or give up?

I have a few friends who are big Star Wars fans and they don't rate it at all.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a few friends who are big Star Wars fans and they don't rate it at all.

Maybe an age thing, I loved the first 3 films, but have never really got into any of the sequel/spin-off's etc.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Maybe an age thing, I loved the first 3 films, but have never really got into any of the sequel/spin-off's etc.

I liked the Han Solo one, mostly because it was different.

Saw Rogue One, and it just felt like a remake of Star Wars, only instead of blowing up the Death Star they were just nicking the plans.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The Knick - 8/10

I've not watched this for a while, and I really enjoyed it when I first did. Clive Owen is fantastic, but then I've been a fan of his since I saw "Croupier". It's not for everyone, gory bits, addiction, racism (it's set in New York in 1900), but I think it's a cracking watch which is well observed and beautifully shot. I'm enjoying getting reacquainted with it.

I've been watching this, season 1 was really good. Just 2 episodes into series 2 and it's not as good, hopefully it will pick up. Really just watched it as I read it was like The Man In The High Castle (which is awesome, just IMVHO). The only thing it shares with that is that it is based on a significant point in history having a different outcome. It's still a really good tv series though.

I'll have to watch that, I loved MITHC also, and this is Ronald D Moore so I know it be quality.

I've just started House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones Prequal). 2 things - firstly I still can get it out of mind how bad the ending of GoT was, and I actually thought this was set further back in the history of Westeros. It's only about 150ish years before. I would have preferred to have gone way back, to see old Valeria before the doom.

That said, it's really very good so far. Matt Smith and Paddy Considine are killing it. It's also already starting 1 episode in with gratuitous nudity, violence and horrible political games being played. I love it lol

Second series of The Capture was on BBC last night. Basically it's to do with CCTV and the manipulation of it. I enjoyed it.

Yeah, quite engaging. We both thought it was a couple of notches below the recent (not totally disimilar) Undeclared War, but still very watchable, and some good ideas.

(I think the lead actress might not be doing very much actual acting, and the fight training scene was a rather sad cliche ... )

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Ladhood on iPlayer. About to watch the third series.

Very silly, very funny, but at the same well observed.

I'd definitely recommend it. I suppose if I was going to compare it to anything it would be The Inbetweeners, only better.

Top Bottom