What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
We'll be watching the final episode of Saul tonight. Hope they do a Mikey spin off.

My son's on holiday in Croatia so won't be able to see the concluding episode until he gets back but he's warned us that if we so much as hint to him how it ends, he'll never speak to us again. I sent him a text saying 'Gene Takavic is his own mother'.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My son's on holiday in Croatia so won't be able to see the concluding episode until he gets back but he's warned us that if we so much as hint to him how it ends, he'll never speak to us again. I sent him a text saying 'Gene Takavic is his own mother'.

We were going to do the last two episodes together, but couldn't wait ! :crazy: We did watch the 'first' of the black and white episodes (the future ones) twice to pick everything up.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The Fall first series was class...in a creepy/violent way ! Then I sort of think it went off a bit.
Never watched any of the others on your list.Thinking back The Missing the first series was superb...kept me gripped and guessing till the very last episode ! Spiral the same...you know somethings that good when you don't want it too, Gomorrah ah there's loads 😁

Gomorrah is quality. If we're going Euro crime territory, I'd also recommend Braquo.

I finished The Boys recently, which was a wild ride. And I'm currently getting involved with Umbrella Academy, which is similarly off the chain ludicrous.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We've just started S2 of The secrets she keeps, promising 1st episode.

Enjoyed that. A bit of dubious minor plot in the middle re lack of choice of prisons and prison transport, but some very good plot twists along the way to keep you guessing. All in all very well done and worth watching.

Adam4868

Guru
We Own This City.
Three episodes in and so far so good.If your one of those people that still go on about how good the Wire was you'll like it !
Has quite a few of the old characters in new roles.Its based on a true story about police corruption,brutality in Baltimore.Now how long can I last without just watching the whole lot in one go.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Started watching Star Trek: Strange New Worlds a couple of weeks back... first few episodes were OK, then it dipped and got preposterous at the end of episode 7. Gave up. Good riddance. 3/10

In other news. Red Rose on the Beeb is very promising :okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Been watching Clocking Off on iPlayer.

Old series and missed it first time around.

Worth a watch for the first 2 seasons (of 4) but by seasons 3 & 4 the premise had really run out of steam.

Interesting to see the number of actors in it who found a modicum of fame in Dramas & Eastenders after the series.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
We Own This City.
Three episodes in and so far so good.If your one of those people that still go on about how good the Wire was you'll like it !
Has quite a few of the old characters in new roles.Its based on a true story about police corruption,brutality in Baltimore.Now how long can I last without just watching the whole lot in one go.

Watched that a while ago. Pretty much agreed with the critical response - good, if not close to the Wire.

Not sure if you're aware but some of the same team have been involved in a load of other, older stuff - Homicide: Life on the Street and The Corner to name two of the earlier offerings. Both well worth a watch, and as with their latest it's interesting to see some familar actor; usually in quite different roles to previously..

Adam4868

Guru
Watched that a while ago. Pretty much agreed with the critical response - good, if not close to the Wire.

Not sure if you're aware but some of the same team have been involved in a load of other, older stuff - Homicide: Life on the Street and The Corner to name two of the earlier offerings. Both well worth a watch, and as with their latest it's interesting to see some familar actor; usually in quite different roles to previously..
Yes thanks....used to love Homicide life on the Streets when it was first out.
Enjoyed this latest HBO series,difficult watching knowing it's based on a true story 😲
One of those "damn it's only six episodes"

We Own This City.

Ooh I heard the podcast on BBC sounds. Great story.

Gave that House of the Dragon a go and got that sense of deja vu. Very violent and the expected knee trembler scenes and lots of expensive CGI. Just all been done before, so may/may not watch the other 9 episodes. 6/10

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I’m just catching up with Obi Wan Kenobi.
I’ve watched 2 episodes and it’s a bit rubbish.
Convince me to keep going or give up?

Top Bottom