What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That's a pity. I was going to catch up on it as I normally love anything Nicola Walker is in. Sounds disappointing.

Ditto the OH has that on our "list to watch". the Guardian review was promising so I wont swerve it on the strength of @SpokeyDokey's review just yet.

We've just started S2 of The secrets she keeps, promising 1st episode.

D

Deleted member 26715

How are you watching "The Great" just googled & it's on Prime, although it's not it's on Starzplay which really annoys me how much is advertised on Prime then when you go to try to watch it it just leads you into yet another subscription.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
How are you watching "The Great" just googled & it's on Prime, although it's not it's on Starzplay which really annoys me how much is advertised on Prime then when you go to try to watch it it just leads you into yet another subscription.

We watched S1 on Prime and then S2 free on Starzplay an a one week trial.

Virtually all content on Prime is available for the ludicrously cheap subscription fee - but you do get these oddball spin-off channels which we ignore for the most part.

We save more than we spend on Amazon postage each month too.

The Great S1 was very funny with some sharp satire against a recognisable historical backdrop.

S2 was same old same old on the funnies front with no real historical progression.

Adam4868

Guru
Can't say I've watched anything that stands out on tv lately.Nothing new anyway.Watched Clive James...Postcard from Paris the other night,forgot how much I liked him,funny as !

We've just finished Undeclared War - bloody loved it!!!
It had a strong War Games feel to it - heck, there's nothing new in speculative fiction - and the IT pedants could have a field day (even my humble Unix skills spotted a flaw), but it was a darn good modern thriller, overall. And made a few good comments about the 21stC, warfare, tyranny etc etc ...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Felt like a bereavement tonight, watching the very last episode of Better Call Saul. That's got to be THE best TV series ever broadcast. Like Godfather II took the crown from The Godfather as best movie ever made, so did this programme take over from its predecessor, Breaking Bad, which after The Sopranos previously reigned supreme as TGPEM. It was a real wrench to witness it go, like saying goodbye to a loved one in ICU really.

Of course, we'll do what we did with the Sopranos and later, Breaking Bad and watch BCS again episode by episode from the first one to the 61st one and see details we missed first time around and enjoy them in a different way but televised drama has never been better than that. Not ever.

Adam4868

Guru
Felt like a bereavement tonight, watching the very last episode of Better Call Saul. That's got to be THE best TV series ever broadcast. Like Godfather II took the crown from The Godfather as best movie ever made, so did this programme take over from its predecessor, Breaking Bad, which after The Sopranos previously reigned supreme as TGPEM. It was a real wrench to witness it go, like saying goodbye to a loved one in ICU really.

Of course, we'll do what we did with the Sopranos and later, Breaking Bad and watch BCS again episode by episode from the first one to the 61st one and see details we missed first time around and enjoy them in a different way but televised drama has never been better than that. Not ever.
Ok it's late and I'm going to say it....Breaking Bad was just ok for me 😲Well it was good but went on for far too long,I'd had enough.Ive never bothered with Better Call Saul.
Agree the Sopranos was genius and I've watched the whole lot at least a couple of times.But if there's only one crime drama that can take prize of 'best' for me it's definately The Wire...know it off by heart I've seen it so much and still holds its own.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Ooooh, are we doing a "Best TV Series" off?

I will throw, The Fall, Nathan Barley and Green Wing into the ring. Black Books, X Files go in too, though X Files did lose it a bit.

However, the pinnacle is surely West Wing. In fact, there can be no doubt. It just is.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Ok it's late and I'm going to say it....Breaking Bad was just ok for me 😲Well it was good but went on for far too long,I'd had enough.Ive never bothered with Better Call Saul.
Agree the Sopranos was genius and I've watched the whole lot at least a couple of times.But if there's only one crime drama that can take prize of 'best' for me it's definately The Wire...know it off by heart I've seen it so much and still holds its own.

Too much boring politicking in the Wire, for me but on the whole, it was good. Not a patch, nowhere near the supersonic Better Call Saul though. Championship-level versus Champion's League winners.

D

Deleted member 26715

Don't they all go on too long, the scriptwriters run out of steam, there's only so many ways you can tell the same story from aa different angle. Lots of programmes would have been better with a few less episodes, or even stopping before the last or last but one series.

Adam4868

Guru
Ooooh, are we doing a "Best TV Series" off?

I will throw, The Fall, Nathan Barley and Green Wing into the ring. Black Books, X Files go in too, though X Files did lose it a bit.

However, the pinnacle is surely West Wing. In fact, there can be no doubt. It just is.
The Fall first series was class...in a creepy/violent way ! Then I sort of think it went off a bit.
Never watched any of the others on your list.Thinking back The Missing the first series was superb...kept me gripped and guessing till the very last episode ! Spiral the same...you know somethings that good when you don't want it too, Gomorrah ah there's loads 😁

Top Bottom