What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
The Walking Dead - more of the same, the group meeting really bad rival humans and killing them, again and again, and again....Making you wonder who really are the bad guys, and do the dead actually have better values. It is repetitive, but I like it, I must like watching people get eaten, must be some reason 8/10

Ash V's The Evil Dead - It's stupid, over the top gore, but I like it 8/10

Homeland - A complete mentally ill, lunatic calling all the shots for the CIA. Probably more true to life than I actually think it is 7/10

Banshee - A really short guy that is hard as ****, and just kicks the shite of everybody, lots of lovely semi naked women, what more could you ask for 8/10

Fargo - Really good, best tv series I've seen since The Shield 9/10

Person Of Interest - Stupid, a bit like James Bond, but actually worth watching. I got a bit bored of the same thing again and again though 7/10

classic33

Leg End Member
Air Crash Investigations
A China Airlines 747, Dynasty 611 that disappeared from radar before crashing.

classic33

Leg End Member
Living where some of "Happy Valley" was shot, it's as much about seeing where I know.

Did like the bike locked up outside Richmond Close, which had the rear wheel missing though. All foot traffic goes those doors, and there's five CCTV camera's watching that area.

Katherine

Guru
I'm another one who's enjoying the night manager. I'm enjoying getting to know the characters and it's certainly not been predictable so far. maybe I'll read the book afterwards!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm another one who's enjoying the night manager. I'm enjoying getting to know the characters and it's certainly not been predictable so far. maybe I'll read the book afterwards!
You have a point there. It's completely unpredictable as regards anything actually happening. The suspense is unbearable.
I don't know what the book is like but this production looks like it's completely up it's own botty.

Edit: OK, I can understand why Tom Hiddleston running around in his swimmers goes down a storm with some viewers. Give him a scythe and it would be like a re-run of Poldark.:okay:

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Enjoying The Night Manager - a good, polished, well put together piece of tv - but Happy Valley is (once more) in a league of its own. Sally Wainwright must surely be the best writer working in British tv today, and one of the all time greats. The acting and direction do her work justice, and this and series one will I think be recognised and long remembered as landmark series.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Having caught up on a few episodes I am now seriously into Trapped.

I think the last two episodes are on this weekend. We've rinsed through the first 8 this week and it is truly excellent. Maybe my favourite Scandi thriller (technically "Norden" according to my Norwegian friend).

I really liked Brucke series one, but then they repeated the same story pretty much in two and three, just using different different terrorist groups and without padding the main characters out much.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
In the past couple of years I have watched on Netflix:

Breaking Bad 6.5/10 - good but overrated IMHO
House of Cards (USA) Series 1,2 & 3, good but drawn out 7/10
House of Cards (UK) 7/10
Homeland all series (including S. 5 on C4) 8/10
Spartacus Blood & Sand - violent as you might expect for a show about Roman gladiators, but the blood scenes are computer generated so not too gruesome 7/10
Narcos 8/10
Rome 7/10
Making a murderer 6/10 - obvious flawed legal system and didn't seem to prove Avery's guilt, but didn't prove his innocence either IMHO
Jessica Jones 7/10 - quite shockingly violent at times, if you don't like far fetched things it might not be for you.
Tried to watch Suits but couldn't get into it, same with Orange is the New Black
Peaky Blinder (S.1) 7.5/10

On Freeview

Currently watching Happy Valley - 7/10
Fargo (S.2) after recording them all and binge watching 8.5/10
Recording for binge watching later - Night Manager, X-Files

DVD

The Wire - fantastic 9.5/10
The Sopranos - even more fantastic 9.8/10

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I just discovered the Prosecutors on BBC4. Fascinating stuff.The first programme covered a fatal car crash and how the prosecutors had to determine whether it was death by dangerous or death by careless driving. It all hinged on the word 'far'. The 2nd programme covered two murders and how the cases developed while also featuring a case which wasnt selected for prosecution. The lady involved wasnt happy and complained and it went through the process of reviewing the case and deciding whether it should actually have been prosecuted or not.
On a much lighter note, my daughter and I just discovered the first series of Brooklyn 99 on Netflix and absolutely love it.
One for the fellow Irish brethren. Bridget and Eamon is a totally bonkers sitcom on RTE2 set in Dublin in the 1980s. If you can get RTE2 give it a go.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Cripes, weekends are busy.

Parks and Rec - still great.
Gotham - I think this season is a lot stronger than the first one was, with a bit less "Oh, I will nickname you 'Penguin'" foreshadowing.
The Night Manager - pace previous posters, I'm enjoying this. I've not read much Le Carré, but I do remember the lovely turns of phrase he uses in the "Smiley" books - I'll probably end up reading this one too.
Trapped - Probably the series I look forward to most at the moment.
Last Man on Earth - An odd, but still quite good opening episode featuring none of the s1 characters at all.
Agents of Shield - Again, a better second series than the first, although I still think this is diverting, rather than "must see".
Fresh Meat - I'm enjoying this series, although they've gone for more of a "dramedy" feel than previous seasons, imo.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Life after Trapped continues with The Night Manager. Thanks to @User13710 for the heads up or I suspect if have missed it - seems weirdly under advertised.

It's wonderful. We're only two episodes in and totally hooked. It's beautifully shot and I love the juxtaposition between the old and new. Chapeau to the Beeb once again, they really have done some cracking shows recently.

Top Bottom