What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
@MontyVeda Personally I thought the last episode of River was wonderful. That dancing scene was theatrical, tragic and hilarious all at once. Although that's all I really remember of it, so perhaps it wasn't all that.

Penny Dreadful is excellent. The second series is even better.
Yeah i liked the dance scene... and who'd have thought it... The Nolan Sisters sound great (or was it just The Nolans by then?). You'd built it up for me before i watched the finale so i guess my hopes were too high. Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it... i felt the 'twist' was too predictable and somewhat clichéd. I just expected more from such a well written show... but then again, a good yarn is all about the journey rather than the last page.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Got to the end of series one of Penny Dreadful... looking forward to series two.

I'm slowly working my through an old thriller series that passed me by at the time... Murder in Mind (2001-2003). Last night's episode had Nicholas Lyndhurst most excellently playing a b@stard landlord trying to cover up the death of a tenant. I only have the 3rd series but so far I'm yet to see a bad episode.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Finished Jessica Jones, which I really liked - better paced than Daredevil, I thought.

Another episode of The Night Manager, which is very good.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
The Night Manager is still ace. Great second episode. Tom Hollander's character (Corky?) is extremely creepy.
Also, Togetherness is back. A comedy-drama about the relationships of four LA types might not be everyone's cuppa but a lot of it rings true regardless of who you are.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Mostly the news, Sky at Night & nature documentaries. However, I have rediscovered the delight of watching old episodes of Star trek: The Next Generation on the SyFy channel as they are broadcasting the HD versions. Although I only get the SD channel, the HD version looks really good!. Might be tempted to buy the Blu-ray box set. Wish the TV series had continued, the movies were, by and large, rubbish except for First Contact.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Another vote here for The Night Manager.
And also for Trapped.
And for Friday's conclusion of Shetland.

Trapped is excellent. It's like Fortitude without the hokum.

At some point last night I watched a really awful basketball game.

It could have been 2, 3 or 4 in the morning. Time has become a concept rather than a measure since Evelyn arrived.

Tin Pot

Guru
Vikings.

Eat, kill, have babies, die.

When did we lose this approach to life?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
edit... oh and episode one of Parks & Recreation... very very good. :smile:
swanson_yes.gif

Top Bottom