What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watched a few episodes of The Expanse after recommendations on here. Very good Sci Fi and very realistic.

Also on "The 100" Series 2

Nearly upto Series 3 of The Walking Dead (watched 2 series in hospital).

Also managed to catch Episode 1 of "The Flash" - another when streams are available.

fossyant

The number of adverts is getting ridiculous. We watch an awful lot either recorded or on catch up so we can fast forward through the seemingly endless commercials.

I'm only watching stuff via Amazon Prime, or Kodi (via the laptop) and 1 hour shows are 45 minutes without adds.

Getting into Kodi on Windows, now I've researched a few things on how it works.

PS I'm off sick, so have a bit of a "gap" in filling my day as big as the Mancunian Way Hole - i.e. not allowed to do anything, so finding stuff to watch.

fossyant

OK - now we get sad..

Overhauled - American do up the old wrecked car - massive budget - wow and re-runs of a UK one where some poor mechanic has to fix up old Beetles, Mini's Jag's etc, on a shoe string.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Just finished the second episode of American Crime Story.

It really is very good. And a totally bonkers story which I'd not believe if it wasn't true.

I like seeing places I've lived on shows and this has lots. By lived I mean "sat in a traffic jam".

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
... I mean "sat in a traffic jam".
Speaking of, my old Astra is in an episode of Cracker - when a distressed chap is being talked down from throwing himself off a roof in Manchester city centre, the camera shows a view of the street below, and the black Astra waiting at the lights is Mrs M and I on our way back from town.

Funny stuff:

Dag
Uncle
Cuckoo
Detectorists
Parks and Recreation
Modern Family

Should keep you going for a bit!
Thanks, I did try Cuckoo and it just seemed to annoy me. Perhaps I am identifying with it too much as I have two teenage girls bringing home boyfriends! I will give them a try - not heard of Dag at all.

I'm a fan of and would recommend the Storyville documentary series on BBC 4. Some really interesting stuff all on iPlayer.
I nearly watched the Shah of Iran one but wifey did not fancy it so will give it a go. Thanks.

I get Radio Times as it seems quite good at flagging up new programmes but still I am sure there is quite a bit out there that I don't know is there.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Thanks, I did try Cuckoo and it just seemed to annoy me. Perhaps I am identifying with it too much as I have two teenage girls bringing home boyfriends! I will give them a try - not heard of Dag at all.

I nearly watched the Shah of Iran one but wifey did not fancy it so will give it a go. Thanks.

I get Radio Times as it seems quite good at flagging up new programmes but still I am sure there is quite a bit out there that I don't know is there.
Watch the one about the guy wrongly put onto death row, Fear of 13. It's very good

tfg71

Vikings 10/10 - it's got political intrigue, violence, and Vikings

Black sails - 9/10 - pirates, wenches violence and better than standard TV

Dexter 8/10 love the. Concept of a serial killer working in the police depth.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well I've finally put Dickensian behind me. It's been enjoyable, but I hope they don't do a second series.
Got round to watching River.... a good journey with an underwhelming finale (sorry).

Queued up I've got:

Happy Valley (series 2)... didn't think they needed to do a second series but hey ho... let's see how it goes.
Parks & Recreation (series 1)... too many shouts so i have to give it a go.
Noah's Castle... some late 70s kid's drama that passed me by back in the day
Penny Dreadful... started watching it a while back but had to stop due to similarities with other shows coupled with a tiny mind.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
@MontyVeda Personally I thought the last episode of River was wonderful. That dancing scene was theatrical, tragic and hilarious all at once. Although that's all I really remember of it, so perhaps it wasn't all that.

Penny Dreadful is excellent. The second series is even better.

Fresh Meat is back!

Enjoyed the first episode of this new series, looking forward to the rest.

Yes I did enjoy it but did anyone else think it has a strange darkness to it. Like the writer has got a bit fixated that this is the last series and so they are all set up to head towards their exams and end of uni life. All their chickens coming home to roost. It was good but not quite as good as it was.

Top Bottom