What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Currently enjoying Jericho, Happy Valley (especially recognizing bits of Halifax & surrounding area) Deutschland 83 it had some great tense moments along with marrying up the story with real events from 1983, my kids had no idea how close ww3 was, and a great eighties soundtrack, not bad for a German language series with subtitles.

classic33

Leg End Member
Amazed no-one's mentioned Happy Valley 2 - probably the best writing on telly, and some really superb acting too. In fact, pretty much impeccable tv.
One of the bases whilst shooting that was 800 yards from here.
Block of flats where the body was found in the last series was just down the road. Since knocked down.

Currently watching Convoy.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Last Week Tonight returned last night.

It's a bit formulaic, but John Oliver is a witty guy with great delivery so it rolls along well. The section on New Zealand was absolutely immense!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The 100 - I'm not sure why I like this, as it makes me scoff (f'rinstance, among the priorities of the humans barely scratching a living on the space station, and post-apocalypse earth, dentistry and gym time seem to have been priorities - something that bothers me more than the same daft things do in, say, Game of Thrones) but I've not removed it from the recording schedule yet.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The 100 - I'm not sure why I like this, as it makes me scoff (f'rinstance, among the priorities of the humans barely scratching a living on the space station, and post-apocalypse earth, dentistry and gym time seem to have been priorities - something that bothers me more than the same daft things do in, say, Game of Thrones) but I've not removed it from the recording schedule yet.

You can't really question The Hunner too much. It makes little sense and is riddled with nonsense, but it's strangely compelling. I think it helps that the actors all seem to be taking it terribly seriously, when it's obviously ludicrous.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Veep (s1)

Just finished this - another Armando Iannucci political thing in which you somehow care about the terrible people on screen. It helps that it's often very funny. I think it lacks the edge, slightly, of The Thick of It, but that's possibly down to the different political cultures. Very good, nonetheless.

Also, Parks and Recreation fans may be interested to know that s5 starts tonight on Dave. (23:00, and they're showing two episodes).

Mrs M

Guru
Blue Bloods
Lucky Man
On the Buses (:blush:).

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Bob's Burgers - 8/10

A recent and random discovery, follows the family of Bob and their offbeat, somewhat surreal adventures. Very, very funny with a quirky animation style.

Top Bottom