What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
X-Files (new series) - I'm not sure whether it's the distance from the originals (which I found increasingly annoying as the seasons went on, and the conspiracy remained ever more ridiculously elusive) but I've enjoyed the first two episodes.

Deutschland '83 - Really enjoyed this, and will miss it now the season has finished. Sadly, not well liked in its home country, apparently.

Spin - Nice to see Gregory Fitoussi again after Spiral, and I'm finding this tale of political intrigues quite enjoyable, despite it not really being my kind of thing.

Black Sails - Soapy tosh, for the most part, but I like it despite myself.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Dickensian... bog standard 'who done it' but with some brilliant characters.
Jericho... a shanty town full of strong woman and weak minded men. Started out well but it's all going a bit Catherine Cookson.
Prosoner Cell Block H... I've been chipping away at it for years. The end is not in sight... but it's bloody good.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Loved Ray Donavan..10/10
Gomarrah ,subtitles but worth the effort 9/10
Black sails..7/10
Outlander 9/10
Vera 10/10
Midsomer..well its a cult show
Shetland ,good watch 9/10
mad dogs 7/10 tho im only half way through

I'm watching this amazing documentary about life up north. A fly on the wall type thing. These guys don't seem to work much (I live in London so don't really know what that means) and spend their days getting into trouble. Last week (and to be fair the week before) they seemed to be driving down a hill in a bath.

Seems to exactly represent life up there.

Shetland
Michael Portillo
Back in Time for...
and whatever cycling's on Eurosport

Particular praise for Back in Time. I appear to have missed the first series but thoroughly enjoyed Christmas and the current Weekend series. What great families they've found :smile:. And what great wallpaper :smile:.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Dickension - Slowly wading my way through recorded episodes. Loving some of the language, best so far - Scrooge to one of his debtors who is pleading for special consideration on the basis he has two daughters:
"Your reckless fecundity is no concern of mine Sir !"

Plus "Ski Sunday" whilst it's still on - it annoys me that the BBC limits the skiing season to 2 months a year and as much Premiership and 6 Nations rugby as my wife will let me get away with ....

Last edited:

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Have seen the first episode of The People V OJ. Will stick with it but the amount of screen time given to the Kardashians better not increase. Its set in the early 1990s, as I recall no one had ever heard of the Kardashians then and some of us still dont care about them now.
Also watched the first 2 of Limitless last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast paced and quite witty. Certainly not too taxing.
Plus, I will never get tired of watching Parks and Recreation. Cant wait for season 5 starting this week.
Another vote for the Goldbergs, discovered by the wife and kids a month or 2 ago but Ive only just cottoned onto it. Great for a bit of 80s nostalgia and damn funny.

jamin100

Guru
Here's a few of our recent ones

The Walking Dead - Brilliant!
The Good Wife 8/10
NCIS / NCIS Los Angeles / NCIS New Orleans - Very good and easy to watch whilst having tea etc
Suits - 9/10 - really like this
Stella - 8/10
The Big Bang Theory - 7/10 again very easy to watch and doesnt need much concentration
Breaking Bad - 11/10
Prison Break 10/10

There are probably many more, we tend to watch them on netflx (and other sources) back to back. Cant remember the last time we watched "normal" cable TV

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Have seen the first episode of The People V OJ. Will stick with it but the amount of screen time given to the Kardashians better not increase. Its set in the early 1990s, as I recall no one had ever heard of the Kardashians then and some of us still dont care about them now.
Also watched the first 2 of Limitless last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast paced and quite witty. Certainly not too taxing.
Plus, I will never get tired of watching Parks and Recreation. Cant wait for season 5 starting this week.
Another vote for the Goldbergs, discovered by the wife and kids a month or 2 ago but Ive only just cottoned onto it. Great for a bit of 80s nostalgia and damn funny.

Re: OJ

They will, and it makes sense to. Bobby Kardashian was a close friend of OJ; it's his house he hides out in.

Top Bottom