What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jhawk

Veteran
Don't have t'telly, but watch Netflix a lot. So, here goes.

19-2 (Police French-Language Drama set in MTL, QC). 10/10, really gripping stuff. Waiting religiously for Season 3.

Occupied (Norwegian drama about Russian encroachment on Norway following energy crisis) 9/10.

Homeland (Watched all seasons) 9/10.

Really liked Happy Valley, waiting for Season 2 to come out on Netflix.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Have seen the first episode of The People V OJ. Will stick with it but the amount of screen time given to the Kardashians better not increase. Its set in the early 1990s, as I recall no one had ever heard of the Kardashians then and some of us still dont care about them now.
Opening scene of episode three. Worth waiting for. Priceless. Other than that, the Kardashians are inextricably tangled up in the OJ thing. Rob was OJ's friend and became part of his legal team. Kris (Rob's ex and mother to Kim, Khloe etc) was Nicole Simpson's friend.

Snizzlepops

On the go:

Parks and Recreation - wonderful comedy full of hilarious moments! (I tell everyone to catch up with it) - MUST WATCH
30 Rock -
Just got into after a second try.. onto series 5 I think now. I prefer P&R but still very amusing
Dickensian - I have never read a Dickens and only familiar with a few of the storylines from the books but the characters are all great in their own way. It has made me download a couple of his unfamiliar works which can't be a bad thing.
It's old school but I have recently re-watched The Thick of It - Hiliarious and I wont quote my fav character Malcolm 'Come the F- in or F- the F- off' Tucker. Even for something based in politics, there are hilarious goings on!
Big Bang Theory is always on - a good go to background/easy to watch.
Any of the 'Great British __off' on BBC such as Sewing Bee, Bake off, the Pottery one.. Me and OH are creative and love what they get up to even if all of the shows formulas are the same re: challenges
Grand Designs... Who doesn't love grand designs?
The Simpsons... Who doesn't love the Simpsons? Yes some of the episodes you might have seen endlessly but it's always great to see new episodes!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Agent Carter - although S2 isn't living up to the general excellence of S1, yet
Happy Valley - what the television was made for
Shetland - wonderfully shot, written and acted. Beautifully bleak.
Gotham - still excellent although S2 seems surprisingly under promoted by 5, which is odd as S1 was their biggest show ever.
Stella - not as good as it was, but still very watchable. You can tell Ruth Jones has taken a step back from the writing this series though.
Top of the Pops 1981 - a Thursday night trip down memory lane on BBC4
Last of the Summer Wine - GOLD have just started showing this right from the very start and it's wonderful, nothing like the tired excuse of a show it became. Which should please @Markymark ;)
Jericho - started well, but is getting increasingly soapy. Will stick with it a little longer in the hope it returns to form
The 100 - nonsense but an entertaining guilty pleasure.
Hawaii Five-0 - see The 100 (above)
Beowulf - see Hawaii Five-0 (above) - although apparently ITV have now canceled it, despite signing up for 5 series...:sad:

Stuff I'm avoiding -
Dickensian - Victorian EastEnders, from the people that brought you EastEnders...or maybe I'm just not getting it?
Portillio's Great American Railroads- loved the British version, but can't warm to this at all.

Stuff I'm eagerly awaiting (or the return of) -
Chicago Fire
The Night Manager - this better be as good as the trailer or I'll make the BBC howl for their mother. :whistle:
Rookie Blue - see Beowulf (above)

Last edited:

potsy

Rambler
X-Files - It's like the series was just on last year not 14 years ago, really enjoying it so far.

Jericho - Absolutely not the kind of show I would usually watch, not sure why I even started but am quite enjoying.

Happy Valley - Loved the first series, not started watching this one yet but have two recorded.

The Supervet - What a guy he is, amazing the stuff he does to help peoples beloved pets.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
New X Files (in advance of uK)

The 100 - just started series 2 after a break.

Walking Dead - part way through series two - watched it in Hospital.... :rolleyes:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Currently:

M*A*S*H (working my way through every series on Netflix US)
The Knick Series 2
X Files
Heroes:Reborn
Trapped
Better Call Saul Series 2
Alan Partridge: Mid-Morning Matters
The People vs OJ Simpson
Z Nation Series 2
The Brain with Brian Eagleman

About to start 'Vinyl' over the weekend, and waiting for the next season of The Walking Dead to start soon.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
The number of adverts is getting ridiculous. We watch an awful lot either recorded or on catch up so we can fast forward through the seemingly endless commercials.

I think part of this is because a lot of shows on commercial channels have been imported from the US. Typically their 'hour long' episodes run around 42 minutes, whereas a UK based commercial show will run for 45 (numbers are oldish but hopefully still accurate).

3 minutes might not sound a lot, but in advertising it is.

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Have seen the first episode of The People V OJ. Will stick with it but the amount of screen time given to the Kardashians better not increase. Its set in the early 1990s, as I recall no one had ever heard of the Kardashians then and some of us still dont care about them now.
Also watched the first 2 of Limitless last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Fast paced and quite witty. Certainly not too taxing.
Plus, I will never get tired of watching Parks and Recreation. Cant wait for season 5 starting this week.
Another vote for the Goldbergs, discovered by the wife and kids a month or 2 ago but Ive only just cottoned onto it. Great for a bit of 80s nostalgia and damn funny.
Another vote for Parks and Rec:okay:!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhjKLdOAfck

Top Bottom