What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks to everyone who recommended "Trapped" - watched the first 4 this morning, while ironing, and like it so far.

I've read that it's like Fortitude without the spiritual hokum, which I think is good. Would you say that's fair?

gavgav

Guru
Gotham 10/10. I thought the last series was good but this is a massive step up and the best series I've ever watched

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've read that it's like Fortitude without the spiritual hokum, which I think is good. Would you say that's fair?
Never seen Fortitude, sorry! To sum up Trapped, gruesome discovery, small police force, town cut off from the outside world by weather, characters with history both with each other, & that's possibly related to the ongoing case - does that sound about right..?

D

Deleted member 23692

Lucky Man.... started reasonable well, but it's starting to wear thin; the opposite of Mr Nesbit's hair transplant, which is about as convincing as his acting. A generally weak cast doesn't help either.

5/10

D

Deleted member 23692

I've watched the first 2 of Mr Robot does it get any better?

Shaun
Stick with it. I gave up after around 4 eps, then binged watched it once the series had ended and really enjoyed it

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Never seen Fortitude, sorry! To sum up Trapped, gruesome discovery, small police force, town cut off from the outside world by weather, characters with history both with each other, & that's possibly related to the ongoing case - does that sound about right..?

It does.

Fortitude is stylish and well acted but there really is no focus.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Masha and the bear
peppa pig
ben and hollys little kingdom

And for myself .
Gotham series 2

Nothing much !

HELP please: I cannot find anything much to watch.

Looked through the schedule for this week and have only found the new series of Fresh Meat to watch. Should be good but may be pushing it a bit.
I love comedies, good ones. Even American if it is well done like Big Bang but not Two and a Half Men. Plebs was my favourite show last year.

Really not into sci-fi, Dr Who or aliens. All a bit done and tired. Also not into tense cop drama and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo derivatives. Not into endless murders in a village/on an island etc. Problem all of these seem to be the latest new fads and just about all the latest output.

I have a smart tv so can get I-player etc but also have trouble finding stuff on there.

Side question - is there a channel that I can get old Film 4 or BBC films and dramas on?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Nothing much !

Looked through the schedule for this week and have only found the new series of Fresh Meat to watch. Should be good but may be pushing it a bit.
I love comedies, good ones. Even American if it is well done like Big Bang but not Two and a Half Men. Plebs was my favourite show last year.

Really not into sci-fi, Dr Who or aliens. All a bit done and tired. Also not into tense cop drama and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo derivatives. Not into endless murders in a village/on an island etc. Problem all of these seem to be the latest new fads and just about all the latest output.

I have a smart tv so can get I-player etc but also have trouble finding stuff on there.

Side question - is there a channel that I can get old Film 4 or BBC films and dramas on?

Funny stuff:

Dag
Uncle
Cuckoo
Detectorists
Parks and Recreation
Modern Family

Should keep you going for a bit!

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Nothing much !

I'm a fan of and would recommend the Storyville documentary series on BBC 4. Some really interesting stuff all on iPlayer.

Top Bottom