What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

View: https://youtu.be/Xs0K4ApWl4g

Is it this ? Coincidentally I had to look for this for my partner last night,for her students or something...apologies if irrelevant as it's not my thing,I can't get a lot of sci-fi.

That's it! Supposedly due to the format in which the story was told, a news broadcast, some people in the area believed it was true - more here.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Not a bad watch, bit it was just American, super hero flick..

re: the super hero point - I liked it because Cruise was not at all playing a super hero at all, he's an ordinary chap bumbling through as best he could - just like the guy in the novel

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
a brand of stationery (Rexel) that wasn't founded until 1967
Funnily enough I half-registered that at the time, vaguely wondering whether they would have been around then before concluding 'they must have been'. So, they weren't. That is a bit careless. There was no real need to close up and make that word so inyerface. You'd think some hapless intern would be busy attending to stuff like that.

Chris S

Legendary Member

Chris S

Legendary Member
One thing I won't be watching is the repeat of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' with Danny Dyer.
He turned out to be a direct descendant of William the Conqueror, so did Alexander Armstrong.
I beginning to think that William must have been a congenital w@nker who passed the gene on to his descendants.

One thing I won't be watching is the repeat of 'Who Do You Think You Are?' with Danny Dyer.
He turned out to be a direct descendant of William the Conqueror, so did Alexander Armstrong.
I beginning to think that William must have been a congenital w@nker who passed the gene on to his descendants.
In the weeks after the battle at Battle, the victorious Normans had quite a party sufficient for the pope to issue the Ermenfrid Penitential which outlined the penance required for the various acts of partying.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO

You should. It's absolutely hilarious.

"I think I'm gonna treat myself to a ruff."

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm enjoying For All Mankind (have I already posted this?) on Apple TV... a re-imagining of the space race in so much that it never ended. After 5 episodes we're in the early 70s and NASA have just put the first woman on the moon... well, the first American woman... the Russians are currently winning the space race, they've already been there and done that.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That's it! Supposedly due to the format in which the story was told, a news broadcast, some people in the area believed it was true - more here.
there was a programme about this on R4 a few years ago.... some people is a lot more accurate then the 'hundreds' or 'thousands' that the press reported in the days (and decades) following the original broadcast.

Anyway, back on topic. The new Demon Headmaster on CBBC is good, even if I am around 40 years older than its target audience :okay:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
There is a programme on the Smithsonian channel on freesat called the factory. Its about the Brompton bike and how it is made. It's on now.

Top Bottom