What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I recorded Dr Strangelove on BBC4 last night. I've seen it several times, but it is still chillingly compulsive.

You need to watch "Fail Safe" - a serious and terrifying treatment of the same subject. It came out about the same time as "Strangelove". Terrific build if of menace and tension as the President (Henry Fonda) struggles with his options

Chris S

Legendary Member
London Calling. I thought it was going to be about the 40th anniversary of the seminal Clash album. It was actually about the Cold War.

Smudge

Veteran
London Calling. I thought it was going to be about the 40th anniversary of the seminal Clash album. It was actually about the Cold War.

I'm watching that. I've been watching a few of these cold war documentaries on BBC4, the one with Rich Hall the other night was excellent.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
First episode of the new Star Wars TV Series 'The Mandalorian'. Set after Episode 6 (I think) following a bounty hunter (AKA Boba Fett's species).

Awesome. Little tricky to get as only in US.

johnblack

Über Member
I mentioned it a while back but I've just finished the first series of Succession, utterly brilliant, struggling to think of anything better I've seen in a long while.
Starting the second series tonight.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Daybreak - 4th wall breaking apocalypse effort on Netflix (originally FX). It's great fun in some places, but weirdly jarring in others and I can't really tell why. It's a bit over-long at 10 episodes too so some bits do drag.

Top Bottom