What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last nights George Clarkes Old Houses, New Homes from last night
I used to run past, & sometimes school-run past one of the houses featured

I know it & call it the 'Fowler House', as Joseph Fowler, the engineer lived/died there
Series 2, episode 1
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-old-house-new-home/episode-guide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fowler_(agricultural_engineer)

johnbot1

There's so much dross the only live channel worth watching is The Parliament Channel.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Watched "The King" on Netflix today, the story of Henry V and little England struggling to find it's place in the world before Scotland annexed it and created a British Empire.

An excellent film, knocks Shakespeare and Kenneth Branagh for 6. Seems slow and brooding but I found it enthralling and well-observed.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Watched "The King" on Netflix today, the story of Henry V and little England struggling to find it's place in the world before Scotland annexed it and created a British Empire.

An excellent film, knocks Shakespeare and Kenneth Branagh for 6. Seems slow and brooding but I found it enthralling and well-observed.

Keeps coming up on my feed - will watch it.

BBC1's His Dark Materials tonight.

Been enjoying Carnival Row on Netflix.

Great movie, but the film thread is that way ---> :smile:
:blush:

Smudge

Veteran
New series of The End Of The F***ing World started last night, it looks like its going to be as weirdly good as the first series.
Also another New Lives In The Wild on tonight.
I also like the look of Rich Hall's Red Menace, on BBC4 tonight.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A show from 2007 called Life with Damian Lewis as Charlie Crews, a US police detective recently released from prison after 12 years - he was completely innocent. He rejoins the police and that's where we viewers join the story. Charlie is also very Zen.

Also starring Sarah Shahi who some may recognise from Person of Interest.

Some great dialogue and interesting characters. It only ran for 2 seasons, but I love it.

Some classic lines:
Charlie Crews: You wanna know how to beat it?
Dani Reese: You can beat a lie detector?
Charlie Crews: Yeah, it's easy. You just tell the truth.

Dani Reese: Why exactly would the universe make fun of us all?
Charlie Crews: Maybe it's insecure.

Charlie Crews: Every moment you spend wishing you were someplace else is a moment you can't get back.
Dani Reese: What about every moment I spend wishing *you* were someplace else.

Dani Reese: Why can't you talk like a normal person?
Charlie Crews: When exactly was the last time you met a "normal" person?

Roman Novikov: People have always liked to do favors for me. I don't know why.
Charlie Crews: Maybe it's because you'll kill their families if they don't.
Roman Novikov: Yes, maybe.

Leaway2

Lycrist
What/if (Netflix). What has Renee Zellweger done to her face :ohmy:. A strange series with Renee playing a powerful business woman who manipulates the peons. Other threads are also in play concerning family members.
I'm on the 3rd episode. I will probably see through but can't say it is great.
6/10 so far.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Half way through series 3 of Peaky Blinders. This is really getting preposterous and crazy now. Whilst it still has some good lines in it, the utterly bizarre orgy episode seemingly to close-the-deal between the Blinders and the Russian counter revolutionaries was a bit much. Is it worth continuing ?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Half way through series 3 of Peaky Blinders. This is really getting preposterous and crazy now. Whilst it still has some good lines in it, the utterly bizarre orgy episode seemingly to close-the-deal between the Blinders and the Russian counter revolutionaries was a bit much. Is it worth continuing ?

Definitely. I thought the orgy was hilarious. Not something I'd have wanted to watch with my parents mind...

Top Bottom