What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Watched a programme about sky scrapers last night.. Fascinating, and the design and engineering :becool: :eek:
Cant remember what side channel

Might have been "Impossible Engineering" on the Yesterday channel. ?

Smudge

Veteran
Really interesting and informative 90 min documentary about the Korean war on BBC4 last night.
A conflict that i wasn't that knowledgeable about.

Reactions: gbb

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Catching up with Grand Designs New Zealand... that couple who built the 'castle' have created one of the biggest monstrosities I've seen in the entire series. Not only is it unfinished, it's ugly, tasteless, done on the cheap yet cost them a fortune. Talk about a blot on the landscape!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Pretty good time for TV drama at the moment. L'incroyable Engrenages (Spiral) remains as engrossing as ever, Giri/Haji (I'm sticking with the BBC2 drip-feed so far), World on Fire (OK, some cheesy/unlikely aspects, but overall excellent), The Accident, Dublin Murders, Guilt starting this week, and His Dark Materials next week. Watched the first part of Name of the Rose…oh dear. John Turturro excellent as ever, but it was a very heavy Europudding. The book is a classic, the film adaptation superb, that was nowhere near those standards.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Also watching BBC2 weekly Giri/Haji.... I can just about cope with following the plot once a week! Great weaving of story backwards and forwards.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Seven worlds. The new David Attenborough programme.
the usual high standards for a BBC nature show. This week was the Antarctic.
My son loved the penguin scene with the whales and the baby albatross that climbed back into the next.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Caught up on RuPaul's Drag Race UK last night. I much prefer it to the US version, as it's hyper polished and nowhere near as much fun IMO. Off to see the live show at the end of November, which should be a hoot!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Also saw the first episode of the new War of the Worlds... liked it, far better than any film they've done, but i'm only 1/3rd in so too early to rate.
Whilst hugely enjoyable... i wasn't at all taken with the ending. I can only assume (hope) that there's another mini series in store if this one proves popular... but the ending will piss people off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom