What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just saw this in the guide...

View attachment 490174

...and sent the listing to myself with the note 'Say what?'
One phrase comes to mind: "The Brits are at it again"

Nothing says we are completely screwed as a society quite like reviving colonialism for reality TV

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Myself and MrsP are getting in Dublin murders. It has various plotlines. We also tried the Japanese program Haji/Gaji sp?. BBC2, a bit slow but I will give it another go.
Spiral, BBC4 for anyone who hasn't seen it is brilliant.

GetFatty

Über Member
Another for Dublin Murders. Also watching Sons Of Anarchy from the beginning and a series called Power on Netflix about a drug dealing nightclub owner.

Salar

A fish out of water
I'm watching Dublin Murders, but I haven't got a clue what's going on and just look at the scenery :rolleyes:

My better half of course understands it all, I just get told off for talking over it.

I think Vera is about my limit, they repeat the story line every 20 minutes. :smile:

Adam4868

Guru
I'm watching Dublin Murders, but I haven't got a clue what's going on and just look at the scenery :rolleyes:

My better half of course understands it all, I just get told off for talking over it.

I think Vera is about my limit, they repeat the story line every 20 minutes. :smile:
Yes I agree it's complicated,watched after watching football with a couple of drinks last night.I was questioning if I had done the murders I was that lost in it ! Mrs reply "go to bed will you !"

D

Deleted member 26715

Power on Netflix about a drug dealing nightclub owner.
We watched the first episode last night, hopefully it will improve, but as soon as he saw the ex-girlfriend in the nightclub it was obvious what the plot line was going, hopefully they will twist it around in some way.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...door-review-why-did-no-one-put-a-stop-to-this

How the hell did this even get suggested as a TV programme let alone made?:eek:

Whilst that does indeed sound pretty bad (just going by the article - albeit the Grauniad is guilty faux lefty offence on occasion) I did see something similar and rather good some years back where a group from Papua New Guinea came on an exchange visit to Somerset, after one of the yokels had spent time in PNG. Couple of things stuck in my mind - they'd all gone on a pheasant shoot, and an injured pheasant had come down. The 10 year old PNG lass ran to pick it up and immediately wrung its neck without the fuss a British kid would have made. They'd been well used to hunting for the table so it wouldn't have been seen as a sport back home.They also did some archery, and naturally the PNG guy, used to hunting, was very good - but was also impressed by the feathers on the British arrows - and thought he'd introduce that refinement when they got home. . They didn't like British climate though - the undoubtedly very tough PNG guys shivering in three layers of borrowed anoraks whilst the Brits weren't even wearing a coat was quite funny. That said I get lethargic and grumpy in hot places, so it's understandable the other way round. There was a fair bit more I can't now recollect, but it wasn't patronising, and if anything demonstrated the unsurprising point that modern western europeans are pretty much the same as people living in a tribal set up in the jungle of PNG

Smudge

Veteran

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I watched a bit of it last night in complete astonishment.
Scarlett Moffatt (who being on Gogglebox should have been her only 15 minutes of fame) says something like..... "Mam, i've got friendly with one of the woman, but i dont want to get my tits oot like the other tribeswomen"

I found out about this in the news here in HK, which lets you know how astonishing this story is, it’s reached Asia.:ohmy:

Top Bottom