What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
How did it go Mo (?) - seen the trailers and not sure here.
I’m enjoying it, but getting slightly confused with who some of the characters are......that’s maybe just me though! :laugh:

Adam4868

Guru
Just finished The Spy which was pretty good, only 6 episodes and not something that can be spun out in to another series.

Started Preacher the other week, 7 episodes in, quite like it, but time will tell.

Watched the first episode of City on a Hill last night, could be good, but some of the dialogue is damn hard to understand.

Next up is Succession, don't know much about it but keep hearing v. good things so will give it a go.
Succession is brilliant,just finished watching.Stick with it !

Lullabelle

Banana
Last night I watched an episode of Law And Order Special Victims Unit, by the first advert break I had worked out what had happened, the same with an episode of NCIS last night, I very quickly worked out who the murderer was.This why I stopped watching the original CSI, some of them were so easy.

On recommendation from various people I've started binge-watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which I never got into when it was on TV.
Terrible pilot, but nearly halfway through the first season it is already far better than The Next Generation's first season.
My word, what were they thinking with Dr. Bashir, the man is a creep. Gives me the heebie jeebies.
Hmm.... Sisko, or Picard?
Both are Captains you'd follow anywhere
Plus it has Worf!
And Jadzia Dax...…….
1. The Dominion War, was a bit too extended for my liking, but it did allow development of Dukat, as a charactor
2. Vic Fontaine (James Darren) was a great idea, especially as he was self-aware & knew he was a 'lightbulb' (as he phrased it, ie; a hologram)
3. Gowron, & Worfs dishonour was another running story, until Worf killed him in combat & declared Martok the leader of the Klingon High Council
4. The Cardassian make-up was interesting, how it gave an illusion of such a long neck
5. It has Jadzia Dax (& Ezri)

Alexander Siddiq (Bashir) was excellent as Ra's Al Ghul, in Gotham

gotham-ras-al-ghul.jpg

Grand Designs last night.
the man ruined his marriage and spent £4million on a mad capped scheme to build a huge house on the side of a cliff.
very sad and totally avoidable.
Sometimes I worry that architects have such a huge ego that they are happy to waste their clients money.
I saw that one as well, & so wanted it to be completed
I can't figure out where it is (admittedly, I've not done much searching)

I did like this weeks(?) revisitation, to the Scottish airfield. I could live in that (normally dislike open plan. but that was good)

Hmm.... Sisko, or Picard?
Both are Captains you'd follow anywhere
Plus it has Worf!
And Jadzia Dax...…….

1. The Dominion War, was a bit too extended for my liking, but it did allow development of Dukat, as a charactor
2. Vic Fontaine (James Darren) was a great idea, especially as he was self-aware & knew he was a 'lightbulb' (as he phrased it, ie; a hologram)
3. Gowron, & Worfs dishonour was another running story, until Worf killed him in combat & declared Martok the leader of the Klingon High Council
4. The Cardassian make-up was interesting, how it gave an illusion of such a long neck
5. It has Jadzia Dax (& Ezri)

Alexander Siddiq (Bashir) was excellent as Ra's Al Ghul, in Gotham
No spoilers please I'm only on season 2!

Thus far, Picard is more principled but Sisko strikes me as more cunning and pragmatic.

The Cardassian prosthetics are pretty good. I did google "are cardassians reptilian" and got a massive spoiler. The risks of watching a 26 year old TV show, I suppose.

I liked the way Garak's appearance changed in that one episode where we got to see his darker side.
Have to admire the amount of time the actors (particularly Quark and Odo) must have sat in makeup.

Alexander Siddig was terrible in Game of Thrones, but that was down to the terrible writing and bad leadership from the showrunners. Book Doran Martell is a far more nuanced character.

(I'm guessing you're not admiring Jadzia Dax for her intellect or character.)

No spoilers please I'm only on season 2!
Okay

Thus far, Picard is more principled but Sisko strikes me as more cunning and pragmatic.
Wait for 'Q' to appear...…………...

The Cardassian prosthetics are pretty good. I did google "are cardassians reptilian" and got a massive spoiler. The risks of watching a 26 year old TV show, I suppose.

I liked the way Garak's appearance changed in that one episode where we got to see his darker side.
Have to admire the amount of time the actors (particularly Quark and Odo) must have sat in makeup.
Andrew Robinson (Garak), was the pyscho-murderer in Dirty Harry (who hijacked the bus-load of kids)
Rene Aberjonois (Odo) was the Father Mulcahey, in the M*A*S*H film (with Elliot Gould & Donald Sutherland)

Alexander Siddig was terrible in Game of Thrones, but that was down to the terrible writing and bad leadership from the showrunners. Book Doran Martell is a far more nuanced character.

(I'm guessing you're not admiring Jadzia Dax for her intellect or character.)
Never seen any 'G o T', so can't comment

Dax is an intriguing charactor, with the Trill symbiont

Try Star-Trek : Enterprise, with Jolene Blalock as T'Pol
She plays a great part, even learning to lie (or twist the truth) & disobey the High Command!!

Top Bottom