What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A Confession with Martin Freeman true story (ish) of the investigation into the murder of a young lady in Swindon & the subsequent fallout. Huge amount of CYA in the Police force, but very good drama, wished I'd recorded it now to be able to skip the adverts the ITV player demands you watch.

Edit:- I used my wife shouting at the screen scale to know it was good.

Excellent series.

Did you watch Capture which was even more brilliant.

D

Deleted member 26715

Excellent series.

Did you watch Capture which was even more brilliant.
No hopefully it'll still be available

On recommendation from various people I've started binge-watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine which I never got into when it was on TV.
Terrible pilot, but nearly halfway through the first season it is already far better than The Next Generation's first season.

My word, what were they thinking with Dr. Bashir, the man is a creep. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Grand Designs last night.
the man ruined his marriage and spent £4million on a mad capped scheme to build a huge house on the side of a cliff.
very sad and totally avoidable.
Sometimes I worry that architects have such a huge ego that they are happy to waste their clients money.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Top Boy

I missed this when it was on TV, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Sort of the autobiographical tale of the writer Ronan Bennett, transposed into inner city London. I struggle a little with the accents at times - they are very thick, particularly the Jamaican dudes.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
the man ruined his marriage and spent £4million on a mad capped scheme to build a huge house on the side of a cliff.
Sometimes I worry that architects have such a huge ego that they are happy to waste their clients money.

I watched that last week. Right from the beginning I knew it wasn't going to end well. That must be the biggest ever failure on the show?

Smudge

Veteran

I watched that. Not only must that be one of the most expensive builds ever on GD, but the biggest fail ever as well.
At the end, i couldn't make up my mind whether i felt sorry for him, or completely disrespected him for wasting all that money and putting his family through all that grief. Although he was very honest about admitting that.

Adam4868

Guru
Been away for the weekend and came back to a double episode of the new season of Spiral....happy days !

D

Deleted member 26715

Binged the full Series 1 of The Kominsky Method
Michael Douglas & Alan Arkin still at their best

Smudge

Veteran
Picked up the Alan Partridge dvd box set for a couple of quid a while ago. So for the last week i've been going through the series of 'Knowing Me Knowing You' and both series of 'I'm Alan Partridge'.
No matter how many times i've seen these shows, this brilliant comedy character never fails to crack me up.

"Back of the net !"

D

Deleted member 26715

One of the best mini-series we've ever watched.
Watched the first 2 episodes last night very intriguing, again the wifeometer was pinging as she asking questions of the TV (it never answers) which means I know it's got her engaged.

johnblack

Über Member
Just finished The Spy which was pretty good, only 6 episodes and not something that can be spun out in to another series.

Started Preacher the other week, 7 episodes in, quite like it, but time will tell.

Watched the first episode of City on a Hill last night, could be good, but some of the dialogue is damn hard to understand.

Next up is Succession, don't know much about it but keep hearing v. good things so will give it a go.

Top Bottom