What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Is it the (fictional) story of Alfred Pennyworth??
If so, it may be worth watching

As notably portrayed in films by Michael Gough, Michael Caine, & Sean Pertwee
And equally notably in animation by Efrem Zimbalist Jr.:okay:
It is, played by Jack Bannan, he seems to have studied Michael Caines version, it starts well, but gets a little silly in the last 2 episodes, but then again when has Batman or Gotham not have an air of silliness about them.

It is, played by Jack Bannan, he seems to have studied Michael Caines version, it starts well, but gets a little silly in the last 2 episodes, but then again when has Batman or Gotham not have an air of silliness about them.
:okay::okay:

i might have to track that down, as I'm missing my fix of Gotham
Although I do keep hoping that one of the kids channels on Virgin, will restart the (90s) Warner Brothers Batman animations, with Kevin Conroy wonderfully voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman
And.... Mark (Star-Wars) Hammill, as a truly psychotic Joker

D

Deleted member 26715

:okay::okay:

i might have to track that down, as I'm missing my fix of Gotham
Although I do keep hoping that one of the kids channels on Virgin, will restart the (90s) Warner Brothers Batman animations, with Kevin Conroy wonderfully voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman
And.... Mark (Star-Wars) Hammill, as a truly psychotic Joker
We were watching it via Starzplay via Amazon Prime, they are offering 7 days free so we've binged all 10 episodes & will be cancelling on Friday^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
Still deep in Breaking Bad, currently at series 2 episode 3 i think, Jesses luck is out and EVERYTHING is going wrong, including his botched (yet successful) attempt to get into the compound for his RV...and ending up falling into the portaloo. Its not often i 'laugh out loud' at tv, but i did that episode.
My wife is binge watching Queen of the South...drugs, cartels ad politicians. She loves it, its not doing it for me in the same way Breaking Bad is. QOTS is a bit 'macho voices, slow and deliberate mannerisms, probably to accentuate how in control and tough they are but it doesnt come across well to me, a bit matinee in style.

Smudge

Veteran
Still deep in Breaking Bad, currently at series 2 episode 3 i think, Jesses luck is out and EVERYTHING is going wrong, including his botched (yet successful) attempt to get into the compound for his RV...and ending up falling into the portaloo. Its not often i 'laugh out loud' at tv, but i did that episode.
My wife is binge watching Queen of the South...drugs, cartels ad politicians. She loves it, its not doing it for me in the same way Breaking Bad is. QOTS is a bit 'macho voices, slow and deliberate mannerisms, probably to accentuate how in control and tough they are but it doesnt come across well to me, a bit matinee in style.

Breaking Bad is a fantastic series, that i would put as my favourite crime drama show of all time. I wish i could go back in time, before i had seen it, and watch it again.

Smudge

Veteran
New series of Ben Fogle New Lives In The Wild on tonight at 9, CH5.
I always thoroughly enjoy this fascinating program.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Just watched the always reliable Dr Alice Roberts presenting "Britain's Most Historic Towns" about Oxford.
Aside from the excellent history stuff, I was struck by how much walking she does - every link to camera and she is striding purposefully down some street or other and barely stands still for a moment. The poor woman must walk miles in each episode!

It must be the in thing at the moment as I was watching something on BBC 4 with Dr Janina Ramirez the other day and she was doing the same.

Smudge

Veteran
Just watched the always reliable Dr Alice Roberts presenting "Britain's Most Historic Towns" about Oxford.
Aside from the excellent history stuff, I was struck by how much walking she does - every link to camera and she is striding purposefully down some street or other and barely stands still for a moment. The poor woman must walk miles in each episode!

It must be the in thing at the moment as I was watching something on BBC 4 with Dr Janina Ramirez the other day and she was doing the same.

I've seen all of that series and really enjoyed it, especially the episode about my home city of Bristol. Must admit i've liked everything that the anthropologist, Dr Alice Roberts, hippy chick has presented.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Who Killed Freddie Mills? The events occurred in 1965 but Mills' car had an 'L' registration suffix which wasn't issued until 1973.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Dublin Murders BBC (iPlayer)

To be honest, i'm not a fan of these "fancy a pint, Lewis?" type things. I believe there's only so many ways someone can get murdered, before it becomes tedious and repetitive.

However, this one seems to have captured my imagination, mainly with it's sub-plots ETC

8/10 so far

Alice Roberts:wub:

Almost on a par, with Claire Barratt (of Salvage Squad)

Top Bottom