What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Just started watching Hollywood on Netflix, interesting reinforces things we have always suspected

Star Trek:TNG (horror channel / Freeview play)
The first two episodes are listed so thought I'd have a trip down memory lane.
Oh my word, how dated it looks, more so even than the original series - and JLP still has some hair!
Unlike the recently watched ST:Picard, Patrick Stewart is a darn sight more restrained in his performance.

Minimal budgets?
Plus a cast still 'finding their feet'?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Minimal budgets?
Plus a cast still 'finding their feet'?

Probably, although I was expecting the SFX wouldn't be up to much by modern standards, it was worse than I expected

IIRC the first episodes still had absurdly short dresses; quite a few things got changed early on.

(its a long time since I saw them!)

p.s. there are a couple of marvellous Star Trek threads already running - I recommend them :smile:

Yes, Deanna Troi's outfit did seem particularly unsuitable for subterranean exploring on an alien planet :rolleyes: although the rest of the cast seemed to be in Starfleet regulation onesies.

Anyway, the good news is that it looks like the whole series is on catch-up through Freeview play if you're prepared to do a bit of delving.

Yes, Deanna Troi's outfit did seem particularly unsuitable for subterranean exploring on an alien planet :rolleyes: although the rest of the cast seemed to be in Starfleet regulation onesies.

Anyway, the good news is that it looks like the whole series is on catch-up through Freeview play if you're prepared to do a bit of delving.

It's on the Sci-Fi channel on Virgin too

I'm sure there was plans to have Deanna with 3 breasts, when the charactors were being discussed
Riker would have been happy:laugh:

Batwoman

Watched it last night, as I was in bed by the time it started on Sunday (early-turn, Monday)

Some interesting 'nods' to the films & animations

1. The toy Dinosaur, in the 'cave' (workshops) that Kate & Luke refer to
In 'Batman; The Animated Series', there was a full-size Dinosaur (T-Rex?) in the batcave

2. A new character, who fights with Batwoman is Julia Pennyworth, daughter of Alfred (the Waynes Butler)
And also a British agent, dad in the 'Bale' films is given as a retired NCO, in the SAS (1)

3. As Julia leaves, she says to Luke Fox; "Luke, Always A Pleasure"
As her father (portrayed by Michael Caine) does to Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) in - one of - the Christian Bale films

Yes, I watched that too
It was good that they used the 'classic' Harley & Mr J entwined (in the dance fantasy)
A pity though (but contractual? ) that the classic voices weren't used
Arleen Sorkin, Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill

'Bats' was Diedrich Bader, from the 'Batman; The Brave & The Bold' animation
(probably better known as Jethro, in the 90's remake/film of The Beverley Hill-Billies')

Another 2 voices that I forgot they used
Roddy McDowdall at Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter (Galen in Planet Of The Apes)
Ron Perlman as Clayface (Hell-Boy)

1. Although, not as bad-ass, as; http://www.mtv.com/news/1724730/gotham-batman-alfred-sean-pertwee/

Smudge

Veteran
The Ranganation. Shows like this usually aren't working very well in their lockdown form, but this one worked better than most. The dry humour of Romesh always makes me laugh and Danny Dyer was pretty good on it as well.
Also first episode of Walking With Elephants, this wasn't bad so far, yet to see if its as good as Levison Wood's other walks he's done.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Finished Tales from the Loop and DEVS, both of which were as enjoyable as they were intriguing. Love, Death & Robots was good too if you like animation and quirky little stories. Bit lost for what to watch next though.

Harley Quinn - E4/All4

Very, very good.
It's clear that they had fun making it, and it's all the better for it.
It's is however very sweary and most certainly not for kids - although I can't help think a lot will be allowed to watch it "cos it's a cartoon, innit"
This seems to have a big cult following, so I gave it a go ...

err... what on earth was that about?? Was it written by 9-year-old boys?
"And then he shoots this one through the balls ... and then she can kick THIS one's head off ... and then HE has to stop swearing for a few seconds while he shoots the other 4 (8 times each, YEAH!!!) .. and then ... "

I *think* there were lines in it that were supposed to be gags, but there was no timing, no drama, never a single pause, just ... no story-telling of any kind. I'd rather watch a road-runner cartoon (or South Park, or Ren and Stimpy, or the Matrix, etc etc ... ).

Swearing won't usually stop me watching something, but when it's used as a substitute for dialog it's a hint that something isn't right. The swearing wasn't even in the Top10 of this program's faults.

Just bizarre!

This seems to have a big cult following, so I gave it a go ...

If the Batman genre is your thing
Try Batman; The Animated Series, it has its own cult following
Very dark, in fact the style it was in was referred to as 'Dark Deco' (the buildings & vehicles)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Animated_Series

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJ3HJXxDwc

Harley Quinn was first created for this series!!!!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nss0ghyCrm0

Top Bottom