What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
All of Simon Reeve's travelogues are worth watching; Tropics, Equator, Places that don't Exist, Russia, etc.
Except the one on Ireland,thought he was too opinionated.A d1ck in fact.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Breaking Bad.

I'm almost finished with the 5th and final series (I'll be watching El Camino straight after, with a break before Better Call Saul).

Loving it - I'd seen the first 4 series but due to my ex losing interest never had a chance to see the 5th. It's unbelievably dark, and at times very difficult to watch without a pause for breath. Everyone is morally reprehensible in their own way, but Walt has to be the most villainous, slippery, conniving character I've seen in TV. Jesse is a wonderful character too, I want to give the poor lad a hug constantly.

I'm quite glad I'm late to the party here, as I find the hype around TV shows/films fairly tedious and off-putting, but believe the hype with this one, it's brilliant.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Breaking Bad.

I'm almost finished with the 5th and final series (I'll be watching El Camino straight after, with a break before Better Call Saul).

Loving it - I'd seen the first 4 series but due to my ex losing interest never had a chance to see the 5th. It's unbelievably dark, and at times very difficult to watch without a pause for breath. Everyone is morally reprehensible in their own way, but Walt has to be the most villainous, slippery, conniving character I've seen in TV. Jesse is a wonderful character too, I want to give the poor lad a hug constantly.

I'm quite glad I'm late to the party here, as I find the hype around TV shows/films fairly tedious and off-putting, but believe the hype with this one, it's brilliant.

:laugh: lockdown super binge..loved it,as for better call Saul ,you won't be sleeping much for a while :okay:.

Have you done the 3 series of Ozark, brilliant

The Architecture The Railways Built

The episode with Kings Cross Station, & Clifton Rock Railway

https://yesterday.uktv.co.uk/shows/the-architecture-the-railways-built/
Last nights episode dealt with the Settle-Carlisle
Majoring on Battye Moss viaduct (Ribblehead) & Settle Station

The presenter was in the preserved signal box, at the station
We've been in there, & wife has the 'certificate' for operating the lever-frame:okay:
We were on our way to Keswick (if you like railways, also read the posting after this)
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-rail-enthusiast-thread.130375/post-5541826

Plus, he went in the Water-Tower
http://settlestationwatertower.blogspot.com/

Surbiton Station was also featured, I knew of it, as Art Deco is one of my little likes, but it was the first time I'd seen film of the interior

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Last nights episode dealt with the Settle-Carlisle
Majoring on Battye Moss viaduct (Ribblehead) & Settle Station

The presenter was in the preserved signal box, at the station
We've been in there, & wife has the 'certificate' for operating the lever-frame:okay:
We were on our way to Keswick (if you like railways, also read the posting after this)
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-rail-enthusiast-thread.130375/post-5541826

Plus, he went in the Water-Tower
http://settlestationwatertower.blogspot.com/

Surbiton Station was also featured, I knew of it, as Art Deco is one of my little likes, but it was the first time I'd seen film of the interior

Just watching this on catch up.

The ticket hall at Surbiton is very reminiscent of the north concourse at Leeds isn't it?

Two things are vexing me though - the appalling picture quality due to the low bit-rate on UKTV Play and the repeated inability of the host to say Carlisle properly. :wacko:

The ticket hall at Surbiton is very reminiscent of the north concourse at Leeds isn't it?

My thoughts too!
I can't find my own pictures of it, they must be on a CD?, so here's one at random

I seem to recall it being the car-park?

Leeds_City_railway_station_concourse.jpg

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
White lines - it started great, good production, but after 2nd episode it turns into a mexican telenovel (which wouldn't be so bad if 1st espisode wasn't so out of sync with the rest)
The last dance - can a docu be great and awful at the same time? Well, this one is.
Very biased hagiography of MJ.
Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Harper and Kerr are just footnotes in this story.
My take is as it always was - no Pippen no rings for MJ
Funny thing even though he had control over the project he comes out literally as the least likeable person in it
On the other side some unseen footage and interviews are awesome
LBJ > MJ:becool:

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
El Camino - 9/10

As this was made for TV, I'm posting it here.

If I was to rate it as a film, it's absolutely hopeless as it adds nothing to the story and without knowing the incredibly involved story of Jesse Pinkman it makes no sense.

But, as a companion to Breaking Bad, it is a thing of beauty, carefully and lovingly executed with an absolutely stellar perfomance from Aaron Paul. His transformation as Jesse from happy go lucky, affable junkie to complicated and broken is quite something.

Credit too for Jesse Plemons, repriesing his role as Todd. If you thought he was weird in the main show, you ain't seen the half of it.

Top Bottom