What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Crock of Gold: A Few Rounds with Shane MacGowan.
Crock of Sh*t, more like.
The critics rave ^_^

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
For All Mankind. It's apple TV, but I've acquired it 'by other means' - yo ho ho !

It's about the US Space race, but what might have happened if the Ruskies got their first (like between Apollo 10 and 11). Only seen 3 episodes so far, but the Yanks are playing catch up. Very good so far. Focuses a lot on the lives of the astronauts.
Thoroughly enjoyed that series. Hoping we won't have to wait too long for series two :okay:

[edit]... just checked, it's already airing :bravo:

DRM

Guru
I'm re watching Deutschland 83 & 86, ahead of tucking into Deutschland 89.
And Unforgotten - that's pretty decent too
Just finished Deutschland 89, it’s been really, really good, no spoilers, but I doubt you’ll be disappointed with it, I like the way they’ve written the story of all 3 series around things that really happened.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Unforgotten gets better and better and I sort of like the fact they haven't dropped all the episodes onto itv player. I quite like that we're just getting a one 2hr episode a week.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Having watched Line of Duty up to now I sat through the first episode of the new one... I won't be watching any more of it.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I must admit to a raised eyebrow when I heard that Kelly Macdonald was to be this season's bent senior copper.

Having watched the first episode, I'm still waiting for a reason to change my mind. Not a patch on the likes of Keeley Hawes or Stephen Graham.

I thought it was good; a lot less WHAM-BHAM than previous openers, but they've sewn the seeds for sooooo many possible deceptions and complications.
A less sensational feel can be good; do we need people burning to death in cars every time? Or villains losing an arm to a blood infection??
The action sequences aren't really the USP of Line of Duty - it's all about that interview room!!!

Having watched the first episode, I'm still waiting for a reason to change my mind. Not a patch on the likes of Keeley Hawes or Stephen Graham.
we watched the rerun of S2, and Hawes' character was limp and boring in Ep1. It's only later that you realise we - like AC12 - are undersestimating her ... :-)

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We've just finished watching "The Terror" - a 10 part (fictionalised) drama of Franklin's doomed expedition to find the North West Passage. I was put off by the supernatural horror elements in the description but it really is first class, particularly the acting and script. The supernatural elements are introduced gradually and plausibly, and the men behave (more or less) rationally rather than following horror story cliches. Strongly recommended.

Incidentally both of Franklin's ships, Erebus and Terror have been found in the last few years, so some of the mystery has been solved

Last night, with copious amounts of tea, when I got in & had washed/got changed (circa 22:45)

An old episode of 'Enterprise' (well, they're all old now!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(Star_Trek:_Enterprise)

Captain Archer does allude to the events of the First Contact film, & the appearance of cybernetic aliens (& Humans) from the future, when re-reading a Zefram Cochrane speech (played in the 'F C' film by James Cromwell; the farmer from 'Babe')

They're The Borg, but the name isn't used

Tonights episode is a good one too (TiVo box set!)

24 hours in Police Custard when my takes too long to cook boot leather beef stew is ready. Young scrote goes on one man crime and disruption spree, the trailer shows him to be a peanut head, that ticks all the right boxes for viewer outrage and mouth frothing.
Omeprazole required.
Edit for having watched it. Well that was grim.
Girls find a date on Facebook and the date was a monster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom