What type and make of mudguard for my Boardman MX sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kevincycle

Kevincycle

I'd ask Halfords as its their bike and get them to fit them when you collect it. I'd have these http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/crud-twin-pack-mudguards
Thanks Liz.

Looks like you'll get a full mudguard on the back as there are fittings for stays, so any. If you want you can get one to fit the front as well. Those forks have two grommets which come out and will take an adaptor made by SKS which you can then fit stays too. I've just done something quite similar for a friends Giant using these SKS guards plus optional stays and these adaptors

OP
OP
Kevincycle

Kevincycle

Looks like you'll get a full mudguard on the back as there are fittings for stays, so any. If you want you can get one to fit the front as well. Those forks have two grommets which come out and will take an adaptor made by SKS which you can then fit stays too. I've just done something quite similar for a friends Giant using these SKS guards plus optional stays and these adaptors
Thanks for the info Crackle

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've got something very similar to that Crud on the back of my MX Sport and it doesn't quite keep all the spray off the tyre from reaching your back.
I could tilt the mudguard higher to combat that, but then it would obscure the rear light. It might not be a problem for you but worth bearing in mind.

OP
OP
Kevincycle

Kevincycle

I've got something very similar to that Crud on the back of my MX Sport and it doesn't quite keep all the spray off the tyre from reaching your back.
I could tilt the mudguard higher to combat that, but then it would obscure the rear light. It might not be a problem for you but worth bearing in mind.
Thanks for the info Dave very helpful.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
IMG_20160906_120047814.jpg

This should give you a better idea of what I mean

Top Bottom