What type of Cyclist is the Brooks Classic Team Pro aimed at ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
the gorgeous Classic Team Pro saddle with copper rivets

Only you can say if the wider saddle will suit, but I am disappointed with the finish on both my Brooks.

They do look gorgeous in a photo, and the leather work is pretty good.

It's a different story with the frame, which is cheap, nasty, and has several sharp edges.

Irritating, if as I do, you grip the underside of the saddle to manhandle the bike.

My Spa Nidd is slightly better in that respect, but the cheap moulded plastic saddles I've had have been much better finished than any of the leather ones.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A Team Pro comes between a B17 n and a B17 std, in terms of width.
You want wider in a Brooks than in a plastic saddle - you don't want your sit bones directly above the outer ends of the cantle plate.
My most comfortable saddle is my B17n followed by a B5n then my Swift Titanium and Swallow Ltd Edition Titanium at about the same with my B17 last in terms of comfort (although it's still fine) Not made a judgement on the B67s yet but I haven't ridden it far.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've had a couple of Team Pros but I prefer the older Professional. Hasn't been made for 30-40 years but the odd good one turns up on the Bay of Thieves. Same sort of width, but shorter. The leather is legendarily thick so many have survived.

Top Bottom