What type of drivers make you tense up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Minicabs.

No generalisation here - many are driven by skilled and considerate drivers. But the fact that there so many that aren't makes me tense up when I glance behind and see that minicab plate.

thomas

the tank engine
Uncle Phil said:
Minicabs.

No generalisation here - many are driven by skilled and considerate drivers. But the fact that there so many that aren't makes me tense up when I glance behind and see that minicab plate.

Same reason.

HGVs...many good, but the bad ones are scarier than any bad car driver just because of the size of them.

Dan B

Disengaged member
totallyfixed said:
You are missing the point, there are other people who have limited vision who will not pick up on a car with only side lights on amongst the many other lights in an urban environment.
If the problem is that the urban environment is too well lit, how can the solution be for car drivers to use more illumination? All you achieve by trying to stand out against the background is to push everyone else into upgrading their lights to match - so we're back where we were but with a brighter background. More lights, more visual pollution, more energy used, more weight, and less chance of spotting any hazard that isn't delimited by 50W xenon lights - like, a fallen tree, or a pedestrian, or an RTA.

Origamist

Legendary Member
coruskate said:
If the problem is that the urban environment is too well lit, how can the solution be for car drivers to use more illumination? All you achieve by trying to stand out against the background is to push everyone else into upgrading their lights to match - so we're back where we were but with a brighter background. More lights, more visual pollution, more energy used, more weight, and less chance of spotting any hazard that isn't delimited by 50W xenon lights - like, a fallen tree, or a pedestrian, or an RTA.

Nicely put. The lumens arms-race is a zero-sum game.

Top Bottom