What type of pedals are these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mook

I am trying to figure out what type of pedals are on my sunny spin bike. I am unable to clip on to these pedals using my spd shimano cycling shoes. Please help.
20200419_131331.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Have you released the spring as far as it will go?

Last edited:
You are correct in using allegedly. The right cleat for those pedals is the WPD 98A. Ritchie and Exustar SPD-type cleats will also work. However, Shimano SPD cleats don't work well with WPD pedals. You can clip in but to unclip requires a visit by those people who cut accident victims out of car wrecks.

WPD 98As are freely available and work extremely well. I suspect there's a bit of patent-avoidance going on with all the SPD lookalike padals and cleats, hence the slight incompatibility.

BigMeatball

don't know what to tell you guys, I have the same pedals on the wattbike I use at the gym (or better, used to use until the lockdown) and clipping in and out is just as easy as it is on my bike with shimano clipless pedals

jay clock

Massive member
Odd. Cleats AND toeclips. Really are covering all the options

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Gym owners/technicians are among the few people who will spring £40 for a TL-PD33 tool. It makes sense when you have 20 pairs of M324 flat/SPD combination pedals to look after.

Top Bottom