What was YOUR 15 seconds of fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I'll tell you when it happens

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
About 15 years ago me, my wife and our 2 kids went for a day out to Blackpool and visited the tower. At the tower there was a circus which the kids wanted to go to, so off to the circus we went. We sat quite near the front and enjoyed a few acts, and then the clowns came on. The chief clown suddenly decided he needed some poor insuspecting mug from the audience to join him in the ring, he fixed his eyes on me, came over, grabbed me by the hand and the next thing is I was in the ring in front of a couple of hundred people getting cheered as I rolled the clown's cap, resulting in very embarrassed wife and 2 very amazed children.

stephec

Legendary Member
At the last ever game at Burnden Park, before the match started, the Sky tv camera panned round and settled on a close up of me and my brother in law eating pies.

I've still got the tape somewhere. :smile:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Respect to you.., i'm not a motorcycle fanatic, but the IOM :ohmy:...awesome.
:shy::thanks:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Mine are mostly by association. An old school friend is married to Kelle from Eternal. An ex aquaintance went to school with Estelle. My other half has been to many many TV thingies and been in many, many audiences, including the Peps chart show (wooo). My friend managed to blag his way onto Mansuns tour bus for a p1ss up. I did make it onto Elbow's 2nd album, as part of a Glastonbury crowd though and my name's on the sleeve :smile:

pplpilot

Guru
Many quick appearances in broadcast of live aid, me and a friend were right against the front barrier just left of center stage... probably adds up to about 15 seconds in all!

Simontm

Veteran
For some reason, I have loads but my favourite one was when I drank in the Haringey Arms.

Now because it was Dave Stewart's local for his studio, loads of singers and bands use to pop in as well as being a haunt for various TV and film actors so you tended to be a bit blaze about it...

One day I walked in and all the older gen drinkers were looking a bit nervous. Ordered my beer, then said hi to Dave Stewart who was sitting at the pother end of the bar with some unkempt, scraggly bloke as I popped to the loo.

Went back to the other end of the bar, picked up my pint, had a sip then thought: "Oh, that's Bob Dylan!" ^_^

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I stepped off a train at Cambridge behind Michael Portillo about five months ago, and saw a camera crew filming him. His Railway Journeys programme is back on the telly and on Friday's episode he's at Cambridge. So who knows, I might be in the background of a shot looking tired and annoyed.

Top Bottom