What was YOUR 15 seconds of fame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was in the background in a news report once.

Venod

Eh up
Shook hands & had photo taken with David Steel after our team won an adventure type competition in the Scottish Borders, I have being dreading the photo resurfacing ever since.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I was on Radio Four's 'You and Yours' last November extolling the virtue of pies as a weight maintenance program.

Listen to it here I appear 24-25 minutes into the program.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
My first fifteen seconds of fame was on Portuguese National Television receiving a £10,000 cheque from Bill Gates at the National Theatre in Lisbon.

Ganymede

Veteran
My best thing was going on for a whole week as the lead in a West End play two years ago. I was understudying Lindsay Duncan in Noel Coward's Hay Fever at the Noel Coward theatre in St Martin's Lane. She was taken ill and I got to play one of the biggest, most flamboyant leading ladies ever written. I was onstage with Jeremy Northam, Olivia Colman and Freddie Fox for eight whole shows. It was heaven.

All my non-acting friends and family assumed it would lead to great things but of course it didn't. I don't think I'll understudy again either - that kind of luck is very rare and as a normal engagement it is a terrible waste of time, although being paid to knit and do jigsaw puzzles can have its own appeal. I don't like how my fun was based on the misfortune of my leading lady either - she was awfully ill, poor thing.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I can be seen on several Isle of Man TT videos in the '90s. Ex sidecar racer.;)
I took a "TT Virgin" to watch the races once. We were in the beer garden of the Raven when an outfit broke down and had to push the last 50m or so to the bridge before pulling into the side. As they stood up and took off their helmets Bruce came out with the immortal phrase " 'kin ell, they're old enough to know better!"

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
My best thing was going on for a whole week as the lead in a West End play two years ago. I was understudying Lindsay Duncan in Noel Coward's Hay Fever at the Noel Coward theatre in St Martin's Lane. She was taken ill and I got to play one of the biggest, most flamboyant leading ladies ever written. I was onstage with Jeremy Northam, Olivia Colman and Freddie Fox for eight whole shows. It was heaven.

All my non-acting friends and family assumed it would lead to great things but of course it didn't. I don't think I'll understudy again either - that kind of luck is very rare and as a normal engagement it is a terrible waste of time, although being paid to knit and do jigsaw puzzles can have its own appeal. I don't like how my fun was based on the misfortune of my leading lady either - she was awfully ill, poor thing.
Surely the winner? Close the thread! :bravo:

Top Bottom