What we can or cannot now do

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You're free to walk your dog and ride your bike now. But if we ultimately follow countries like Spain, Italy and France, bike riding will be prohibited unless cycling to work or to food shops
In that case, always keep a fiver in your tights and if anyone asks you're on your way to the shops.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Keeping a close eye on this as we have a charity LEJOG organised for mid May

The accommodation we have booked will stay open if they are allowed to do so...small hotels, B&Bs etc. I'd guess that if they could stay open they could serve food (?). The problem will be if cafes, pubs and restaurants are required to close we may struggle to get food as we are staying in a number of one horse towns with just the pub for evening meal

We decided the lunch in the OP should be taken sooner rather than later.

Our usual meeting point is a Brewer's Fayre, next to a Premier Inn, close to the M1.

Brother made inquiries for this Saturday and was told they are closing on Friday, despite originally being fully booked for Mother's Day on Sunday, although cancellations were gathering pace.

Nothing on the Brewer's Fayre website, so maybe it's a piecemeal decision taken by the restaurant's manager.

I received the news in a short email from brother who says he is making inquiries into an alternative.

Best for him to do it because he knows better what may or may not suit my mother, and I'm not fussed what we do provided we do meet.

We might end up with a McDonalds ('I like their chips, dear'), but that will mean sitting in the car.

The restaurant closing is an inconvenience for us, but serious stuff for anyone such as @nickyboy who has a more logistically complicated trip planned.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brother has found an alternative, so the lunch is on.

There's a blandly reassuring message from 'Jade, Kevin and Katie' about the virus on The Bluebell at Wingfield's home page.

The message is written well enough, and there's not much else they can say, given that Boris has effectively told them they should not now be doing what they (and us) are now doing.

http://www.bluebellwingfield.co.uk/

It's a hike for me just for a lunch, but I'm sure mummy is worth it.

On this occasion, my first choice is Google's first choice.

It's a toss up between the A1 and the A19 on the first part of the route, and Google doesn't even suggest staying on the M1 past Leeds, probably because it's about 12 miles further than taking the A1(M)/M18 then rejoining the M1.

Can be busier as well because it involves passing the Meadowhall shopping centre.

But that will now be deserted won't it?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sun...d588070fa8b!2m2!1d-1.4365408!2d53.0958778!3e0

vickster

Legendary Member
Out of interest, has anyone been swimming in the last week or two? My gym's pool is open, as chlorine kills off the nasties and exercise good...

@screenman is a regular swimmer, have you been?

Top Bottom