What/when was the WORST hang-over you have ever had?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nuremburg 2004 on a business trip with an Irish colleague started at 5pm finished and 4am in an Irish Bar. I have a memory of hitting the fresh air trying to catch a cab and give him directions for the hotel 12 miles away in German but just left and right whilst my colleague was snoring in the front seat. Never ever been so pished in my life. Had a 10am flight to catch remember getting in to the shower and being in terrible pain on the back of my hand - I had put a fag out on the back of my hand apparently in a display of pain was all in the mind. Blood Idiot. Add to that still feeling absolutely slaughtered and spent 30 minutes trying to wake my colleague from his room, went downstairs to try and get a coffee spotted a internal phone and went to use it to try and wake him again not realising it was an all glass booth and walked straight in to it face first in a packed foyer, hmmm

I also recall my first wee in the airport and being in pure panic as it looked like treacle! Never been that pished since and doubt I ever will be. Still got the scar on the back of my hand but absolutely no memory of doing the fag "trick" which bloody hurt for weeks. Apparently I never flinched when I did it show the power of booze to dull the pain and dull the senses in more ways than one!

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We discovered brandy ports by chance at the local working mens club late teens/ early 20's. It was our drink of choice after that. Used to have a couple of hours in there before hitting the town.

10 was the holy grail and only managed it a few times but one lad really struggled, anyway we were outside chatting to the club chairman when this lad projectile vomited over his jacket. How we remained members after that was anyones guess!.
Funnily enough I am just about to enjoy one of those........but being up-market mine is a Cognac & port :smile:

Sandra6

Veteran
I didn't think teenagers got hangovers, I know I never and damnit, neither have my kids! There's nothing worse than having to deal with a very drunk teenager in the wee small hours, only for them to bounce out of bed the next day without so much as a sniff of a hangover!
I skipped out on hangovers in my early adulthood as I was pregnant for most of it, or in charge of small infants, so I rarely drank more than a glass or two of wine.
I'm not a huge drinker now, too much of a control freak, but at a friend's birthday/anniversary do a couple of years ago I drank rather too many bottles of wine, and was persuaded a couple of shots of tequila were just the ticket. I had to be poured into a taxi and it took me three days to recover!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Easy one for me, on a holiday to Scotland with @Rickshaw Phil and his brother. It was a brilliant evening where we drunk copious amounts of Red Wine, Beer and Scottish Leader Whisky.

I was so ill the next day, spending most of it with my head down the loo xx(. Learnt a lot about not mixing drinks that day!!
Agreed, that one was pretty bad...... but the evening that led up to it was good.:cheers:

Not my worst hangover though. I don't like to talk about that one.:headshake:

Top Bottom