What wi-fi networks can you see?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just my own BT wi-fi. Then again, i live in the middle of nowhere so i don't expect anything else.
You could get a
Lol I like the ‘police surveillance van’.
That'd have you wondering.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Screenshot_20181216-084148_Settings.jpg

byegad

Legendary Member
I can see 3, ones mine, plus a TALK-TALK and a Sky.

We live in a 4 bed detached house so there's a bit of space around each house so not many. Where we used to live we had 'hundred acre wood' which was from the cat loving hippies next door, 'ISIS central', and 'cookie source' among the fifteen or so we could see.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
When I open google maps in the office, it quite often defaults to GCHQ as my location.

Organisations like Google have databases of wifi networks and their locations; very useful for ensuring reasonable accuracy of location tracking when GPS reception is dodgy.

Are any cyberstalkers out there able confirm if it's possible to do a location query from a list of SSIDs? If so, we can all see exactly where you Cyclechatters live!!!

Brains

Legendary Member
A mate of mine moved into a new build house a few years back, around the back of the estate was the highly secure storage warehouse used by several museums.
For about 4 years he (and a number of his neighbours) used the password free the Museum warehouse WiFi
Eventually they must have changed the router and added a password, and suddenly a load of people in the road had to upgrade their phone lines to add routers etc.

Top Bottom