What will happen to your bikes when you are gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Ours will clutter up the house for a while, then the twins will send them for scrap as the market for second-hand steel frames (aka classic) will have died as did those who remember them from their youth.

I wouldn’t be so sure with hopefully Peak car being soon and rise of the bike over next 30-40 years

The scrappy comes around roughly twice every day so I doubt they'll last past my funeral.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If I don't sell them before I die and out live my brother-in-law and sister, the housing association will just dump them along with my kayak all my fishing gear, tools ect :sad:

Just like me numbnuts. After a few days of trying to find a next of kin, they'll probably give up and send their home emptying team round and chuck everything on the back of the wagon. I have three haven't been ridden in three and a half years bikes. One would go for a decent price, with the other two not so much, so I might sell the best one and maybe give the other two to someone who'll make good use and look after them.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Mine will be artfully arranged along with my corpse in a Viking longboat before being cast out to sea followed by a flaming arrow. Either that or the kids will have them 😄

Or a small dingy which will spring a small leak and sink in the local paddling pool and the match for the flaming arrow will get blown out by the wind.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Some of the posts have had me laughing 🤣. My misses will more than likely outlive me so if she can put up with me till I die my bike will be on a one way trip to the local dump site

fritz katzenjammer

Der Ubergrosserbudgie
Since two of my bikes were salvaged from the scrap heap it seems only fair that they should end up there… kind of re-recycling.

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
I wouldn’t be so sure with hopefully Peak car being soon and rise of the bike over next 30-40 years

But will people be interested in obsolete old bikes with hard to get parts when modern composites will be so much better? It's only a matter of time before some enterprising manufacturer branches out from number-chasing performance and realises there is a market for high quality utility bikes.

Top Bottom