What will your main meal be on christmas day??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Can't see another thread on this.
MODS please do not move this as its a general question.

We had planned to have salmon en croute from M&S but they seem to be sold out so........
It will be home made spag bol for us.
No point doing a full roast as MrsD is struggling to eat at all and at least I can freeze what is left.
So.....what will you be munching on ?

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
We are supposed to be having pork but my twin grandsons are cooking so we could end up with beans on toast.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can't see another thread on this.
MODS please do not move this as its a general question.

We had planned to have salmon en croute from M&S but they seem to be sold out so........
It will be home made spag bol for us.
No point doing a full roast as MrsD is struggling to eat at all and at least I can freeze what is left.
So.....what will you be munching on ?
Morrisons do a good salmon en croute

I’m going veggie though, Pieminster Christingle pie with all the non meat trimmings :okay:
Pud tbc, probably fruit and chocs. We rarely have room for the Xmas pud and usually have on Boxing Day instead.

Will just be with parents and a family friend, they’re having roast chicken, lots of pigs in blankets as my dad bought more despite already having :rolleyes:
Left overs may be delivered to brother and Sil who both have Covid :sad:

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
A bird in a bird for mother, roast beef for me and the wife with all the trimmings. The Mrs likes to go overboard at Christmas but I do like grazing on leftovers for the few days after Christmas so I don't mind!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I must admit, I confided to my wife yesterday that the prospect of spending 3 hours of Christmas day in the kitchen, yet again, (27 years and counting now) is depressing me. And all to provide what is, in effect, a Sunday roast for 3 people. So some of these simpler ideas are very appealling... my daughter doesn't even like a roast that much, I think so long as she gets pigs in blankets and gravy she'd be happy.

So I'm not sure what I'll cook yet, I'll see what the shops have. I haven't dared brave them yet. Nor have I dared tell my wife that I'm not only depressed by the thought, but that I'm actively planning to not do a roast.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
a billion pigs in blankets

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It was going to be a ribeye joint for five and a vegetable Wellington for the vegetarian.

A neighbour collected the ribeye from the farm shop for us and it's gone straight in the freezer. Christmas is Covid cancelled.

Mrs P has bought a couple of steaks and for some bizarre reason a shed load of sprouts........after I tested positive.

We're getting the family together ASAP when I'm out of isolation.

All sorted

Normal Christmas is cancelled due to daughter-in-law having Covid

so it is just us

so - - I'm cooking - as usual because I'm me

so Turkey crown from butcher's in fridge ready to go
a pack of pigs-in-blankets - again from the butchers - in freezer ready for defrosting tomorrow - I got a pack saying enough for 6 - should do the 2 of us
3 packs of sprouts
loads of spuds for roasting and mashing
carrots
broccolli
mushy peas (yes - I know - my wife insists
mint sauce - it's her again:eek:

We have aholly tree in the garden so I plan to get some cutting from it for table decoration around some candles

after we have a nut free pudding and some brandy cream - might get some proper custard powder for me

and enough chocolate that if we melted it we could float an aircraft carrier in it

add the fizz and nice red wine to that and I think we are sorted

Baldy

Über Member
I normally go for trout, but this time I'm thinking sausage and mash.
Can't stand the stodge-fest traditional Christmas Dinner.

Top Bottom