What will your main meal be on christmas day??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Nut roast made from squash and chestnut with cranberry topping, followed by Cartmel post office Christmas Pudding and brandy sauce

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Several changes this year.
Ultimately, it's going to be the usual Turkey dinner. We had brought a big piece of lamb but as time has marched on, my wife started feeling it was a bit un-Christmassy so relented and brought a turkey breast.
Normally it'd be a full turkey but we're restricting numbers this year, normally it's up to 23 or 26 people but its just not sensible given where we are with covid.
Shame is, it would have been 5 generations say round the table, mum 91, us, our daughter, her son and his son aged 1. That's got to be a rarity in itself.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Since we haven't been able to enjoy our customary trip to Madeira for Christmas and New Year, I've been commanded to cook Portuguese meals, so it'll be Atum de cebolada (tuna with caramelised onions) served with boiled potatoes and mushy peas for that confusion cooking touch on Christmas day instead of nut roast and all the trimmings. This is a relatively frequent meal at Poacher Towers, so I'm confident of approval.
Boxing day will be Bacalhau com natas (salt cod cooked with onions and fried cubed potatoes in a cream sauce) with freshly made bread.
Traditionally this would be a Christmas eve dish, but I've never cooked it before and Mrs Poacher doesn't want to feel ill on Christmas day.
Such lack of trust!

Lamb and all the trimmings, xmas pud etc. Both her kids (adults) dont like turkey.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
a billion pigs in blankets

We've had to stress to my sister that 60 pigs in blankets for 12 of us it not enough, given my son and daughter like billions.

Reminds me, we need more.

Turkey dinner for us, mum cooking turkey, all of us sorting out everything else. 12 and a dog

Boxing Day, I'm cooking. Was just 4 then 6 , now 10. :laugh: I don't mind as I've already got a big beef joint and that's going in the slow cooker.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
We've had to stress to my sister that 60 pigs in blankets for 12 of us it not enough, given my son and daughter like billions.

Reminds me, we need more.

Turkey dinner for us, mum cooking turkey, all of us sorting out everything else. 12 and a dog

Boxing Day, I'm cooking. Was just 4 then 6 , now 10. :laugh: I don't mind as I've already got a big beef joint and that's going in the slow cooker.
We've got 60 between six of us and no doubt there will still be some scrapping over the last few

Top Bottom