What will your main meal be on christmas day??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'll just be having my normal lunch, Christmas Day was just an ordinary working day in Britain until the 1850s.
You don't look that old :rolleyes:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Doesn't the yoghurt make the toastie go soggy ?
No. Cook the toastie first.
I butter the bread, on the outsides. Cheese, ham and must in the middle and fry in a dry frying pan, couple of mins either side Until nice and gold (other shades are available according to individual taste) the spread yoghurt over the top of one side, sprinkle cheese and put under a hot grill for a couple of mins until it browns a bit. I use the recipe in the link.

https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/croque-monsieur
Not those measurements as i have my own macros.

icowden

Veteran
Traditional Turkey, Pork and Gammon here (and a couple of veggie roasts).
I am up against a wall trying to persuade my wife's family to do anything different.

If I had my way the options would include venison, 7 bird roast, game pie, fish - anything but Turkey.

I'll just be having my normal lunch, Christmas Day was just an ordinary working day in Britain until the 1850s.
wot else are you doing on the day to keep the spirit of 1850 alive?
getting a mean master to flog you?

Have done Turkey Crowns before - a great invention for limited number cooking.
This year a hunk of beef from Aldi - rarely cook beef these days so will be more of a treat than Turkey, which can sometimes just seem like a chicken with histrionic personality disorder. Beef should go better with the strong red wine and strong beer I've got lined up as well.

Will also be a change from the romantic christmas day meal I had in Paris years ago - burger king.

This was our spread for years until last year. It will a quiet one again this year. Pics are from Google for illustration purposes. Pork shoulder and asparagus are my favourites.

1640274698596.png

Roast whole turkey

Roast pork shoulder with crackling

1640275518740.png

Pan fried salmon
1640274916972.png

Fresh oysters
1640274992952.png

Mashed potatoes
1640275191383.png

Charred asparagus

1640275435041.png

Sauvignon Blanc

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
This was our spread for years until last year. It will a quiet one again this year. Pics are from Google for illustration purposes. Pork shoulder and asparagus are my favourites.

View attachment 623310
Roast whole turkey

View attachment 623309
Roast pork shoulder with crackling

View attachment 623317
Pan fried salmon
View attachment 623313
Fresh oysters
View attachment 623314
Mashed potatoes
View attachment 623315
Charred asparagus

View attachment 623316
Sauvignon Blanc
All on Christmas Day? :eek:

Brandane

Legendary Member
On christmas day ?
Sounds good but are they open ?
Don't know about Indian, but the Chinese are. Suppliers of non traditional Christmas dinners to many emergency service workers, if they actually get time to eat it! Been there, done that for many years; but no longer, happy to say.

I will be at my brother and SIL, who always put on a good spread. No turkey, but lamb.
I will be doing my bit by supplying the Christmas eve dinner tomorrow night in the form of an Indian take away.

Top Bottom