What will your main meal be on christmas day??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
When I was a kid it was always beef so that's what I prefer but we're having turkey as it's harder to ruin when distracted by the kids. Pigs in blankets, devils on horseback, mulled red cabbage and sprouts fried up with chestnuts and pancetta in plenty of butter.

Yorkshire puddings even though they have no place with poultry...

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I guess it depends who tests negative on Christmas Eve. Chicken en croute in the freezer in case of someone turning out positive, otherwise a traditional turkey dinner with my daughter's family. She does a superb red cabbage with onions and apple which is a meal in itself.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Tomorrow i will ( xmas eve ) i will be cooking the beef, chicken and doing the gravy. Then on xmas day, it will just be the veggies to cook, slice the meat, put it on the plates in a warm oven covered with gravy so it doesnt dry out……..that way i spend less time cooking and more time doing sweet fa…on xmas day

Alex321

Veteran
I'll just be having my normal lunch, Christmas Day was just an ordinary working day in Britain until the 1850s.
I don't think many of us on here remember those days :smile:

steverob

Guru
Turkey crown with various trimmings. Cooking for about six, even though it's only the two of us (plus the cat) because we both like stupidly enormous Boxing Day sandwiches with absolutely everything on them.

We also manage to make the meal last the entire day by having long breaks between courses. Breakfast at about our usual time, which is the first opportunity for a pig in a blanket or two (or ten) with eggs; starter of pate on freshly baked bread at about noon; aim to get dinner out for around the time the Queen is on the telly; then dessert of a Yule Log doesn't happen until about 7-8pm once everything else has fully digested.

Alex321

Veteran
We'll be just the two of us this year, for once. So we'll be having a Turkey crown with all the usual veg. Personally, I prefer leg to breast, but I'm happier to eat breast than my wife is eating leg. With just two of us, it would have been pointless getting a whole turkey.

Top Bottom