What women look for in a man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

Speicher said:
Women look for many things in a man

When it's that time, IME, the thing most women would like to see in a man would be a blunt, rusty carving knife!

radger

Veteran
papercorn2000 said:
When it's that time, IME, the thing most women would like to see in a man would be a blunt, rusty carving knife!

I think you'll find it's a hatchet
and it's not limited to men - in anyone would do ;):evil:

frog

What you look for and what you fall in love with ain't necessarily the same thing. I've seen some really odd couples, the only thing they have in common is they'd die for each other. ;)

So, women can have a dream sheet as long as a stair carpet but when the old chemistry kicks in that soon gets forgot. :ohmy:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
frog said:
What you look for and what you fall in love with ain't necessarily the same thing. I've seen some really odd couples, the only thing they have in common is they'd die for each other. :ohmy:

So, women can have a dream sheet as long as a stair carpet but when the old chemistry kicks in that soon gets forgot. :biggrin:

My "dream sheet" would be very short.

Must have his own teeth ;)
And not be absolutely massively overweight.
Some females have such specific things in their "list" like;

must like Italian food, skiing, black and white movies etc etc blah blah,

Arch

Married to Night Train
My list:

A Y chromosome...

Er...

That's it..

No, not, not really. I think I am very picky, but I can't say what I'd be picky about in advance - a bit like frog says. I just know when I've met a person who is right.

Sadly, someone else has generally met them first. Having lost the most perfect person ever, anyone else is going to have a heck of a lot of living up to to do....

I think the only things I could say for sure are, must have suitable sense of humour, and mustn't be intolerant - racist or homophobic or anything like that.

frog

Yea but pickiness is just the first line of defence. It weeds out the bottom feeders - as women see them. But one girl's bottom feeder is another's knight in shining armour.

The mechainsm women use to choose a prospective mate completely ignores 'NS, GOSH, Porsche owner' criteria of the ideal man. It runs a lot deeper than that.

I recall some research a few years ago which said the pill affected a woman's sense of smell. Smell, it seems, is one of the key attraction features women look for. So, we get a situation which runs like this:

Girl goes on pill because she doesn't want to get pregnant.

Finds 'Mr Right and settles down.

Comes off pill because she now wants children.

Not only does girl's fertility return but so does her sense of smell.

Now the race starts. Does the girl get pregnant by Mr Right, who is now Mr Wrong, befoor does she escape.

Sadly, the girl seems to get the baby before her chemistry gets into balance.

I suppose that given enough time and money science will be able to bottle 'love'. That is the complicated processes which make a couple look at each other and decide there just isn't anyone else on the planet for them. However, when they do it won't be love anymore will it :tongue:

Another thing I've noticed is a human's capacity to find 'perfection' on more than one occasion. If it found you once then it already knows where you live. :biggrin:

Top Bottom