What would happen if I did this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I was considering making myself my own milkshake before a ride, it would contain:

Milk
Icecream
Mars Bar
Cream Egg
Any other chocolate I can find
Some sugar to sweeten it

Would that amount of sugar keep me fuelled, or would I burn it off quickly?

Sounds delicious!

Take several litres of the stuff, just in case! :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What would happen? You will be sick. It sounds absolutely disgusting. Try googling for sports nutrition advice rather then bulk up on excess sugars.

battered

Guru
Won't work. Sorry. Not unless you serve it hot. The fats in the chocolate are designed to melt around blod heat, hence they melt in the mouth. Until then they are hard and greasy. Not what you want. In addition the cream egg contains fondant, which is very sugary. Not a winner.

The ice cream bit would work, the gums used to stabilise the foam will stabilise a mil shake foam too. You could get the chocolate flavour from cocoa powder. Truth be told though you need a high speed mixer and ideally a homogeniser, say an APV Manton Gaulin, and you're looking at a 3 phase electricity supply which can be a bit complicated.

Better idea: my local supermarket (Morrison) will sell a litre of delicious, fresh, creamy, gloopy chocolate milk for £1. 2 pints of milk in the same store is 86p. There's enough chocolatey loveliness in the chocolate milk to mix it with normal milk if you wish. Eat the Mars Bar separately, and leave the food technology to the food technologists.:sad:

smeg

I like a nice greasy fryup before a ride, too much sugar is bad for you :sad:

battered

Guru
Greasy fry ups work. It's less carbo loading and more lardo loading.:smile: A decent fry up, say 1000 calories, can see you right for 2 or 3 hours of cycling without depleting the precious body fat reserves of the finely honed athlete I know you and I both are.:sad:

battered

Guru
Ah yes, £3.30. You've been to the Otley Caff recently haven't you?:biggrin:

Extra teas are 30p, mind. Correct hydration can be a costly business, so the milk can be made to fit in with a balaned nutrition strategy.:smile:

jimboalee

I will get up on Sunday morning, plonk a few scoops of the home-made honey ice cream from Saturday in the blender. I will pour in some whole milk and drop in some Daim pieces from IKEA.

Switch on blender. Switch off blender, unplug and gulp back the scrumptious result.

Nothing new :biggrin:;)

Fiona N

Veteran
battered said:
Won't work. Sorry. Not unless you serve it hot. The fats in the chocolate are designed to melt around blod heat, hence they melt in the mouth. Until then they are hard and greasy. Not what you want. In addition the cream egg contains fondant, which is very sugary. Not a winner.

The ice cream bit would work, the gums used to stabilise the foam will stabilise a mil shake foam too. You could get the chocolate flavour from cocoa powder. Truth be told though you need a high speed mixer and ideally a homogeniser, say an APV Manton Gaulin, and you're looking at a 3 phase electricity supply which can be a bit complicated.

Better idea: my local supermarket (Morrison) will sell a litre of delicious, fresh, creamy, gloopy chocolate milk for £1. 2 pints of milk in the same store is 86p. There's enough chocolatey loveliness in the chocolate milk to mix it with normal milk if you wish. Eat the Mars Bar separately, and leave the food technology to the food technologists.:biggrin:

Oh this is the most sophisticated put-down I think I've ever read on this forum :smile:

More please :tongue:

Top Bottom