What would Mr T do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockus

Hello all. Had more than my fair share of punctures over tha last few weeks GRRRR. Now apart from all the usual technological anti puncture aids e.g. bullet proof tyres, intellegent slime etc... Has anyone got any weird and wonderful anti puncture bodges they've done or heard of?

I heard cycle couriers line the inside of their tyres with a trimmed down old tyre...

Schwalbe Marathon Plus

OP
OP
Rockus

Rockus

cheadle hulme said:
Schwalbe Marathon Plus

succinct reposte; however im after some on a shoe-string, lost in middle earth, scrapheap challenge kind of bodges...
those that don't involve forking out for fancy gear

Radius

SHREDDER
Sorry, just being facetious :biggrin:

Although to be fair, it was hard to know whether this was an information thread or a 'help me' thread...

OP
OP
Rockus

Rockus

Radius said:
Sorry, just being facetious :biggrin:

Although to be fair, it was hard to know whether this was an information thread or a 'help me' thread...

NP, my bad if i didn't make it clear, was just curious as to what people do if they're fed up of getting puntures and/or forking out to fix/prevent them.

The cost can add up, not to mention the hassle

ASC1951

Guru
Some of it could be the way you ride. :biggrin:

I get less than one puncture per 2000 miles and I can't imagine the streets of Leeds are any cleaner than Glasgie. But I bin my tyres before they get really thin, the tubes are always pumped up to 100psi+, I look out for glass and I never use those pisspotical 20' long unswept cycleways which the non-cycling eejits at the Highways Department litter our streets with.

Top Bottom